Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom Cold Air Intake

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
Oh as for water in the box yes you will get it but I drove 200km in floging down rain and the car never missed a beat lol

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Large coke with out ice maccas rip you off if you get ice btw love the scientific approach to this topic

large coke ohh yep your a gonna for sure

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
cut a neat hole in both the bottom of the air box and your chasiss with a hole saw, what i do is roughly mark out where i want it to be making sure everything is clear underneath, mark it on the box and unbolt the box and use a 90mm hole saw and cut the hole out in the box.
then fit the box back up and mark out where the hole is, then take it out and attack the chassis with the hole saw, the more accurate you are with marking everything out the neater it will all look in the end.
once the hole is cut bolt the box back in and jack the car up so you can get underneath nice and easy, run the flex pipe wher you want it to go and stick it through the 90mm hole you just cut and then put a few slits in it and bend the ends down.
You can then either glue those tabs down or fibreglass over them what ever you like really.
same with the other end onto your bumber vent just ebnd it to the shape and glue or glass it over.

Ill take lots of pics and do a bit of a right up when i get around to doing the ute.

That's spot on exactly what i did to my old VP V6. Attached a K&N pod to the end of the pipe, worked a treat. I had a VP Senator front bar which has 2 factory holes either side of the front face of the bar, much like the VR / VS HSV front bars do. So as they pod sat directly behind that hole, cold air was hitting it 100% of the time i was driving.

The only set back is you have to clean the pod every week, and clean it really well.

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
yeah i dont really recomend putting your pod down there, only make a feed to the pod in the bay.
Your bound to clog up your filter with all sorts of **** if its tucked under the front bar

gobrien002

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR Series II S
put the standard box in..will do a better job than sucking hot air in