Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom SSV Redline or HSV GTS?

Joe Arnold

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Holden VE Equipe Wagon
Hi Guys,
I have been saving up for a while and am Planning on buying a V8 when I get off my green p plates in the next year or so. I really want the HSV GTS but if I was to buy it would most likely have to remain stock. I like to have something a bit different about my cars that make it stand out a bit different from the rest of them, (nothing too silly). My Dad has the HSV R8 LSA which is very close to the GTS which I have driven and absolutely loved. Should I buy an SSV Redline and spend a little bit customising it, e.g. interior upgrades or any performance upgrades or should I buy a stock GTS and just leave it?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Which would you prefer?
Also consider the implications of insurance and the likes (its very much statistic and data driven) so it could play a big part in the costings.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Which one do YOU want ?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Wallet says Redline.
Heart says HSV.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I had an LS3 Calais (admittedly different handling characteristics to a redline) which was a fantastic car. Obviously the LSA has a fair bit more poke and other benefits. But to be honest if it was a daily driver, it would become a bit ho-hum like the majority of other cars.

It's only for the fact that it only leaves the shed once a month at most, that it retains that special feel.

The LS3 is 75% of the LSA, And i can pretty much guarantee that when the novelty wears off (and it will), the extra $$ it costs both in purchase and running costs will start to play on your mind.

BUT.....in saying all that, it's definitely an emotive decision and the reason why I have one (although lucky in the sense it doesn't owe me a cent)..so if you really want the GTS..go for it.