Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cuts out mid drive!!

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman sII 5ltr 1995 & VE SS V8 Commodore
Is there anything that's actually working on the car? Might be easier to list the things (if any) that do work haha :)
I recon eh my son was ripped off they seen him coming a lesson well learnt eh.. now my problem until i get pissed and over it lolol

Blackwolf101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 215
I recon eh my son was ripped off they seen him coming a lesson well learnt eh.. now my problem until i get pissed and over it lolol
Will help you sort the horn later, but lets get the engine running first, focus on that for now. Did you look for immobilizer above the pedals (after removing the plastic cover above the pedals etc)?? And the ignition switch wires bunch? Pics? lol

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Will help you sort the horn later, but lets get the engine running first, focus on that for now. Did you look for immobilizer above the pedals (after removing the plastic cover above the pedals etc)?? And the ignition switch wires bunch? Pics? lol
I agree, umm no luck yet looks like previous owner has used some sort of glue not sure i cant get cover off around steering columm and i dont want to break it my mate is gonna pop over this arvo and help me find immobiliser and fiddle with cover ✌

Blackwolf101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 215
I agree, umm no luck yet looks like previous owner has used some sort of glue not sure i cant get cover off around steering columm and i dont want to break it my mate is gonna pop over this arvo and help me find immobiliser and fiddle with cover ✌
It's not unusual for people to glue to ignition switch surround together because as i've mentioned the threads in plastic that hold cover together often shatter, making it no longer possible to use the screwas to hold it togethere again. I'd suggest leave it, or you'll break it completely and will need to get a replacement from wreckers then etc.. i just wanted you to see which wires are running from the ignition switch so that you know exactly which ones i was referring to.. but trace it from passed the surround covers where they come out.. there are a bunch of 4 thick cables (red,brown,pink and purple) that you're looking for and they would be inside a black tube thing (or wrapped in insulation tape).. you need to work out if there has been anything tapped into these wires on the lenght between ignition switch and where they go behind fusebox.. generally around 1/2 way of it's lenght. It helps to loosen the steering rack lock and pull it all the way out and all the way up.. so you have better acess to these cables. 99% of time any aftermarket immobiliser installers will tap into these ignition switch cables to hook immobilisers to, so you need to find out if that has been done or not. These think ignition switch wires are red-power12V.. brown-acessory.. pink-ignition.. purple- starter. If the lenght of these bunch of cables is unmolested and intact, then you may not have an aftermarket immobiliser or alarm fitted. However still look behind fusebox area above the brake/accelarator pedals (could be sitting on top of airducts). On od occasion the immobilizers are connected up from wires behind fuse box.. or even from engine bays fuse box. Stick a camera from above the pedals and take some good pics (with light) and put them up so i can see. Some type of immobilizers are contained within a siren in engine bay.. so there too look for anything aftermarket and something thet is not a standard Holden item. Failing to find anything at all as mentioned here, you don't have an aftermarket immobilizer or alarm. But you really need to check thoroughly and be 100% sure. On at least one occasion i've seen one fitted below the aircond blower fan (avove the passengers feet behind the plastic). Let me know what you find, if anything.

Blackwolf101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 215
Merry Christmas to you and everyone else here.. have a safe one and don't drink and drive!

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Merry Christmas to you and everyone else here.. have a safe one and don't drink and drive!
Thanks all the best to you and your family no driving today only walking distance away Chat soon