Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cuts out mid drive!!

Blackwolf101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 215
So i found immobiliser but having trouble taking off cover for ign switch
That's your BCM, leave it alone.. no i'm hoping you'll find an actual aftermarket immobileser somehwere above the pedals, above the plastic cover that is above the pedals. Nothing there? What about ignition switch wires? Anything connected to them, any insulation tape wrapping on them that is not factory done?

Last edited:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
That's yor BCM, leave it alone.. no i'm hoping you'll find an actual aftermarket immobileser somehwere above the pedals, above the plastic cover that is above the pedals. Nothing there? What about ignition switch wires? Anyrhing connected to them, any insulation tape wrapping on them that is not factory done?
What is the box under the bcm?

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman sII 5ltr 1995 & VE SS V8 Commodore
Nope, still confsed AF.. you're showing me headlight swith now.. where did you take bulb out from that you could swith off by the switch.......... ?
Yeah headlight switch is wobbly as and the little up/down lever to the left of head/switch is real hard to turn off hence taking globe out of int light as when even closing door int light stays on sometimes

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's your BCM, leave it alone.. no i'm hoping you'll find an actual aftermarket immobileser somehwere above the pedals, above the plastic cover that is above the pedals. Nothing there? What about ignition switch wires? Anything connected to them, any insulation tape wrapping on them that is not factory done?
The one under it isnt that the immobiliser? Umm will keep looking, thanks for being so patient

Blackwolf101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 215
What is the box under the bcm?
The smaller box under the BCM is the converter for your steering wheel controls to operate the horn and radio etc.. from that i'm guessing you may have 3 buttons on each side of the steering wheel (6 all up) to control volume and stations am/fm mute on factory radio yeah? The signal from those along with the horn switch signal travel together in the one wire via the clockspring behind the steering wheel (along with airbag wires also via same clockspring) so the little box under the BCM separates the radio control signals from the horn signals. All VR or VS have the BCM, but only the cars with steering wheel radio controls or airbags have this little box under the BCM, it is not standard for all vr vs commodores.

Last edited:

Blackwolf101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 215
Yeah headlight switch is wobbly as and the little up/down lever to the left of head/switch is real hard to turn off hence taking globe out of int light as when even closing door int light stays on sometimes
There is a delay for the interior light to turn off after you close the door. It won't turn off immediately after you sthut the door. It will tho as soon as you turn on ignition switch. However if the little lever on your headlight switch is all the way up then your interior light will stay on.. irrelevant of doors closed or ignition on.

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
The smaller box under the BCM is the converter for your steering wheel controls to operate the horn and radio etc.. from that i'm guessing you may have 3 buttons on each side of the steering wheel (6 all up) to control volume and stations am/fm mute on factory radio yeah? The signal from those along with the horn switch signal travel together in the one wire via the clockspring behind the steering wheel (along with airbag wires also via same clockspring) so the little box under the BCM separates the radio control signals from the horn signals. All VR or VS have the BCM, but only the cars with steering wheel radio controls or airbags have this little box under the BCM, it is not standard for all vr vs commodores.
Ok i have a drivers airbag, but horn not working though lol will keep up search for immobiliser

Blackwolf101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 215
Ok i have a drivers airbag, but horn not working though lol will keep up search for immobiliser
Is there anything that's actually working on the car? Might be easier to list the things (if any) that do work haha :)

Blackwolf101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 215
You do have radio controls on each side of steering wheel yeah? Do they work to perate the radio? (may not if you have an aftermarket stereo fitted in car). The horn and radio controls share the wires in clockspring.. so the lack of horn working could be a fautly (thorn) clockspring wire behind steering wheel (please don't remove as it's very tricky putting back in as it has to be wound certain amount of times before re-fitting, if not, the it will rip to bits when you then turn the steering wheel).. Remove horn relay (not the anti-theft horn relay) and bypass it on the contact side of relay (not coil side) this way you'll test if the horn itself works.

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
You do have radio controls on each side of steering wheel yeah? Do they work to perate the radio? (may not if you have an aftermarket stereo fitted in car). The horn and radio controls share the wires in clockspring.. so the lack of horn working could be a fautly (thorn) clockspring wire behind steering wheel (please don't remove as it's very tricky putting back in as it has to be wound certain amount of times before re-fitting, if not, the it will rip to bits when you then turn the steering wheel).. Remove horn relay (not the anti-theft horn relay) and bypass it on the contact side of relay (not coil side) this way you'll test if the horn itself works.
Yes there are controls on steering wheel, havnt tried to see if radio work with controls as yet!! Yep not touching clockspring i have airbag to risky!!!! I will try that, also since discussing about alarm sound earlier in the week i havnt heard it again (but in saying that i havnt locked doors all week)