Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cuts out mid drive!!

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman sII 5ltr 1995 & VE SS V8 Commodore
Im thinking it is as sunroof not working was told when bought car sunroof had issues

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Could that something extra be the sunroof?
Yes it could, and if it's connected from the dimister fuse then it could explain why it's melted.[/QUOTE]
Mmm looks like i have to take the moulds out and have a look under the sunroof switch too that cheeky wire needs following lol

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes it could, and if it's connected from the dimister fuse then it could explain why it's melted.
Mmm looks like i have to take the moulds out and have a look under the sunroof switch too that cheeky wire needs following lol[/QUOTE]

Blackwolf101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 215
Your engine running all good now? LOL

Let the cheeky wire be for now, it'll still be there after you sort the engine issues..

Hows the ignition switch wires and the immobilizer box.. did you find one?

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Your engine running all good now? LOL

Let the cheeky wire be for now, it'll still be there after you sort the engine issues..

Hows the ignition switch wires and the immobilizer box.. did you find one?
Yeah prob right this girl needs to have a run lol. When i take cover off to find ign switch and immob i will post pics. Also the lights on turner wiggles heaps but also stiff to turn i removed interier globe as it was getting stuck in on position needing to manually flick light switch (little extra knob to the side a few times)

Blackwolf101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 215
Yeah prob right this girl needs to have a run lol. When i take cover off to find ign switch and immob i will post pics. Also the lights on turner wiggles heaps but also stiff to turn i removed interier globe as it was getting stuck in on position needing to manually flick light switch (little extra knob to the side a few times)
You've lost me completely here.. 'the lights on turner wiggles heaps' ummm.. indicators??? and 'removed interior globe as getting stuck in on position needing to manually flick light switch' ummm.. interior light? if you need to manually flick switch (assuming to turn it off) then why remove the globe? you do know that all switches need to be manually flicked.. right? they won't do it by themselves.. hahahaha :) i think i've completely not understood what you're saying, sorry

Last edited:

Blackwolf101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 215
Here's a little tip.. When you're removing the lower ignition switch cover surround, just be careful as the plastics around the screws (especially around the screw threads) are extremely fragile due to plastics age etc and they will shatter.. even more so when you're putting the screws back in, do not try to tighten them like at all, do it just enough for covers to fit back in place without being loose, but don't tighten screws even a millimeter passed that point or it could break and then you'll have nothing to hold the screw in place.

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
You've lost me completely here.. 'the lights on turner wiggles heaps' ummm.. indicators??? and 'removed interior globe as getting stuck in on position needing to manually flick light switch' ummm.. interior light? if you need to manually flick switch (assuming to turn it off) then why remove the globe? you do know that all switches need to be manually flicked.. right? they won't do it by themselves.. hahahaha :) i think i've completely not understood what you're saying, sorry
Lololol, im out at car now this is what im talking about! As door open alot was easier to take out globe to not forget

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 117

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here's a little tip.. When you're removing the lower ignition switch cover surround, just be careful as the plastics around the screws (especially around the screw threads) are extremely fragile due to plastics age etc and they will shatter.. even more so when you're putting the screws back in, do not try to tighten them like at all, do it just enough for covers to fit back in place without being loose, but don't tighten screws even a millimeter passed that point or it could break and then you'll have nothing to hold the screw in place.
So i found immobiliser but having trouble taking off cover for ign switch

Attachments

• IMG_5290.JPG
    IMG_5290.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 104

Blackwolf101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 215
Lololol, im out at car now this is what im talking about! As door open alot was easier to take out globe to not forget
Nope, still confsed AF.. you're showing me headlight swith now.. where did you take bulb out from that you could swith off by the switch.......... ?