Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cylinder 1 not receiving correct voltage for spark

Thymelord

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 ute 2000 SIII, wh v8 02 ls1, vy v6 Calais 03
Hey guys and gal's I'm running a 2002 wh statesman ls1... check engine light comes on but not codes thrown, Coil, lead and injector are all ok, cylinder 1 is receiving 12v on reds and 14v with engine running but not sparking, I've replaced Coil,lead and plug with no difference I'm thinking maybe I fried the ecu a bit somehow when I fixed the alternator charging wire to battery last week, I stupidly kept letting the positive wire come into contact with the battery for very short bursts when fixing the alternator wire... local commy wizz mechanic is going to want around $1k to try an fix the issue or I'm looking at around $650 to get a used bcm,ecu, key fob from wreckers and pray that fixes the issue, anyone have any knowledge of testing the ecu with a multimeter to diagnose the issue. I have a rough idea of how to do it but don't want to f**k it further testing it with the probe. Tomorrow I will check the other coils volts that they receive to see what there at but I'm in the dark with this. Cheers