Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash notification

DaveCharles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
Hi, "change engine oil soon" warning light is on as it was not turned off after last service. Service provider was out of town when I bought the vehicle. How to turn it off if you know. This site helped out great last time.

Last edited by a moderator:

somfman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6
Hi, "change engine oil soon" warning light is on as it was not turned off after last service. Service provider was out of town when I bought the vehicle. How to turn it off if you know. This site helped out great last time.
Okay, I've just had success in clearing the oil service reminder message on my VF CalaisV. You do need to get into ignition mode and to do this you press and hold the ignition button (with your foot off the brake). After about 5 seconds the instruments will come on and go through the same dial sweep/check routine as when you start the car normally. Once this is complete press the accelerator pedal down three times in quick succession. Start the car normally after this and the message should be gone - at least it was for me.