Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dave's VZ executive wagon

davo43

Another google mechanic
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hi everyone, though it was about time I introduced myself and my car.

I'm Dave and I drive a VZ executive wagon in odyssey blue. The mrs and myself bought the car about 6 weeks ago as we needed something roomy, comfortable and reliable for our upcoming road trip across Australia :)

The car came pretty much stock with window tint, bluetooth phone kit, towbar and cargo barrier.

First modification was to fit a stock twin pipe SS thunder exhaust system (cat back). I'm very impressed with the results as it not only looks good with the twin chrome tailpipes but it also has stronger pick-up and better mileage :thumbsup:

I then spent some time removing the towbar, tow loom and phone kit as I doubt we are going to need them enough to justify the untidy look they give to the car...

I have since fitted genuine satin chrome door handles, door vents, a leather steering wheel with satin chrome spokes and a leather stitched/satin chrome handbrake. I also purchased black steering wheel controls off eBay as I didn't like the grey ones, only to find they were off a VY and had different connections! :bang: Un-phased, I disassembled the VZ set from my car and the new black VY set, switched the internals and re-assembled them and they work perfect! :)

I'm pretty excited today as I'm waiting for a phone call to say that my brand new 18" CV8 monaro/SSZ/Thunder rims and tyres have arrived :w00t: Also arriving today is a genuine satin chrome and leather shifter from a Calais model...

So yeah, the car is coming along really well and looks 100 times classier than it did when we bought it! :) I have plenty more mods up my sleeve but I'll keep them quiet until I'm positive what's viable without wasting money... So far, I've managed to do everything for under 500 dollars (excluding the mags).

Anyway, so there's my intro, will post up pics as soon as I have them - watch this space! ;)

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Well done, mate:thumbsup:. Car seams to be coming along very nicely.

Cant wait for pics.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Disassemble controls - sounds like somthing I end up doing:)

Mod in the pipeleine .... (the WL cluster looks sweet in the VZ too:p) Mine will be in the post to Phreddy by weeks end.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
pic's....pic's.....pic's:D

how much did you get the wheels for ? and did that include the rubber ?

davo43

Another google mechanic
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Disassemble controls - sounds like somthing I end up doing:)

Mod in the pipeleine .... (the WL cluster looks sweet in the VZ too:p) Mine will be in the post to Phreddy by weeks end.

Yeah I'm waiting to hear back as I want to fit an SV8 cluster... Failing that, I wouldn't mind Berlina, calais or SVZ/Lumina...

Sounds good. Would love to see those pics.

Cheers dude... Wish I'd got photos before I started tinkering too...

davo43

Another google mechanic
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
pic's....pic's.....pic's:D

how much did you get the wheels for ? and did that include the rubber ?

Double-post cos I just missed your post... ;) I managed to snaffle the CV8/SSZ/Thunder rims brand new with brand new tread for $1700 delivered... Only problem is the freight company are absolute rubbish and are giving me the runaround... All I want is to be notified a few hours before they are going to turn up so I can drop in home from work to collect... :bang:

jameswh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S S/C
Sounds like a fantastic wagon mate. I'm keen to see those pics!
When do you head off on this trip of yours?

davo43

Another google mechanic
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Sounds like a fantastic wagon mate. I'm keen to see those pics!
When do you head off on this trip of yours?

Leave on the 29th of December and arrive in Perth on the 9th of January - we're pretty excited about it - new horizons and all that... Plus the trip itself will be an adventure :)

I'll really have to get onto these pics... I don't have any "before" pics but I'm sure everyone knows what a stock odyssey vz wagon looks like... ;)