Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dceivdu has another commodore! *VP Burnout BUILD*

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
Ok here's the pictures:

temporary_zps2db721ec.jpg

temporary_zpsf44304f0.jpg

temporary_zps4ae28ac7.jpg

temporary_zpse187507d.jpg

I think they look fantastic and i didn't pay a cent! I do want to get the back seat to match as well as the repair work for the passenger side but that's not detrimental at this point in time. I need to get my a*se into gear and get the necessary bits i need to be competitive in the comp onto my car.

Thoughts on seats?

Last edited:

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Thoughts on seats:
Do you and Dman hang out together?

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lol not quite my taste but if he likes it then that's cool. I do think mine are a bit more tastefully done however.

Last edited:

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Okie Dokey, Some more pictures

I ended up taking stockies advice (i think it was stockies who suggested it), and removed the reo bar, which did in fact make life a whole lot easier for fitting of the bumper. I have stuck with the clubsport bar as it was cheaper than getting a stock bumper and i cant find an ss one or international so im sticking with it for the comp.

I havent screwed the scoop onto the bonnet yet but i do plan to do just that after i sand and paint it. Bonnet is going to be the biggest challenge for painting as its a very large surface to get a smooth motion when spraying with a can.

At this point in time i must say that Rustoleum brand paint is fantastic and worth the money. I have only done the front bar but the results i achieved have left me more than satisfied.

My only frustration with the bar is the fact that it is slightly warped on the driver's side where it is meant to tuck just under the headlight, but for $50 i don't care all that much.

Anyway, enough rambling, here are some pictures:

Bar painted after a quick wet sand at 1200 grit
temporary_zps9b044323.jpg

temporary_zpsa1a757dd.jpg

I gotta say, the no bumper or reo look reminds me of most jap cars when there going turbo lol, dont ask why.
temporary_zps42b48255.jpg

temporary_zpse13092b7.jpg

temporary_zpsbc41d455.jpg

A few shots without the scoop (Stockies, i know you'll prefer these ones lol)
temporary_zps1870442f.jpg

temporary_zps9c120a93.jpg

temporary_zps2c1035d7.jpg

And now with the scoop
temporary_zps4a0979cf.jpg

temporary_zpsb6f61607.jpg

I love how it's coming along. This is my first serious build for which i actually have a deadline to meet which is quite exciting for me, plus the fact that i actually have a steady income for the parts that i am wanting to get each time.

Comments are appreciated as always guys, cheers!

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better without the scoop.

Your front bumper came out really well, be very interesting to see how the rest of your painting goes, and how well it weathers.

EDIT: Have you thought about painting some headlight covers black to really black out the car?
That way you can remove them when you need to use the headlights.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
have to agree with stockies regarding the scoop

those seats will be a b...h to keep clean-lol

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better without the scoop.

Your front bumper came out really well, be very interesting to see how the rest of your painting goes, and how well it weathers.

EDIT: Have you thought about painting some headlight covers black to really black out the car?
That way you can remove them when you need to use the headlights.

I think I will leave the scoop until the very last thing on the list so then I can make my mind up properly about whether I will keep it or not. Also thanks for the compliment regarding the bumper, I took my time with the wet sanding and then just painted a light coat first then 2 regular coats and it come up pretty haha.

I love the headlight cover idea, will have to try and find some asap. I want them bad now!