Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DCEIVDU's VN possible ex cop car :/

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
Only if you want to show off to your mates!
I only use the remote start in winter, warn up the car before I get in. You do however have to leave the heater on say, speed 2 or 3 to have any benefit for the interior.

The main ones I use/recommend is the two stage unlock, and the domelight supervision.
Its also handy that the main remote works from inside my work, so if I forgot if I locked it, I can lock it from my office and the remote tells me its locked.

Oh, and if you have it, remote boot release is good too.

Dfinitely want the remote locking, domelight and remote boot release. I'll shop around and get some quotes. Thanks so much for all the helpful info too.

On another topic, i still cant find vp calais front, rear bumper, grille, headlights, tail lights, garnish, window trim or wheel arch spats. If anyone has any of this it would be great as gumtree has nothing.

ShawtyNate

In the feels.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate, can you inbox me how you installed the power windows? im thinking of putting them in my vr.

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate, can you inbox me how you installed the power windows? im thinking of putting them in my vr.

Hey buddy your inbox is full so i'll just tell you here:

this is how i went about doing power windows in my car. I assume it would be the same for a vr. Basically i just grabbed calais doors with the motors still in them and then grabbed all tje wiring, switches and power window module from a vn calais and all i had to do was plug and play for virtually everything. The only splicing you need to do is the two orange wires need to go to constant power and the pink wire goes to accessory. What i did for the pink wire was wrapped it to one of the fuse contacts and plugged the fuse into the power window slot on your fuse box making sure that the contact with the wire is on the top part of the fuse box socket. Also i used a 30amp fuse and i havent had a problem. It seems daunting at first but i just got out of it before i started (six pack did the trick) and it made me more patient.

Hope this helps you out, power windows are awesome!

ShawtyNate

In the feels.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers mate. Will start getting the stuff out of this Calais. I don't think i want the motors. They might be broken.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Make sure you use a circuit breaker for the power windows, 20amp one. Your 30 amp one may lead to melted goodness...

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah mate a bit of progress.. however i just sold it now :( but got a VL 5 speed out of it :D. will put pix below

IMG035.jpgIMG033.jpgIMG034.jpgIMG036.jpgIMG041.jpgIMG042.jpgIMG043.jpgIMG044.jpg