Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DCEIVDU's VN possible ex cop car :/

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
I tried doing the gas struts on my current bonnet but the holes had no thread so the bolts just sat in there with no tension which kept making the struts fall out. I just like the vp bonnets better as they are a bit stronger too.

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
new pix

Shes all painted now, just waiting for the other vp calais stuff and then she will look just like one. For now here are some new pix of it all cleaned up. All comments are appreciated :)

Attachments

• IMG356.jpg
    IMG356.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG355.jpg
    IMG355.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG354.jpg
    IMG354.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG353.jpg
    IMG353.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG352.jpg
    IMG352.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG351.jpg
    IMG351.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG357.jpg
    IMG357.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 273

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
changing the bumper bars headlights and grille to vp calais?

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
I agree with hi_ryder, Bumper bars (both) and grille should be VP calais - and silver. Looks strange with two tone doors. Oh and headlights will have to be changed :)

Once that's done, should look quite good, for a rattle can job - it came out better than I thought it would!
Keep the good work up!

Also, do you have an alarm for the car? I recommend one that has domelight supervision, so when you unlock it the interior lights come on. Also you can get ones that turn your headlights on when you unlock the car as well!
Doing this makes the car feel soooo much newer! even better than the "I've now got power windows and can open the ones in the back - just cos I can!"

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
I agree with hi_ryder, Bumper bars (both) and grille should be VP calais - and silver. Looks strange with two tone doors. Oh and headlights will have to be changed :)

Once that's done, should look quite good, for a rattle can job - it came out better than I thought it would!
Keep the good work up!

Also, do you have an alarm for the car? I recommend one that has domelight supervision, so when you unlock it the interior lights come on. Also you can get ones that turn your headlights on when you unlock the car as well!
Doing this makes the car feel soooo much newer! even better than the "I've now got power windows and can open the ones in the back - just cos I can!"

Yeah im definitely changing the rest over to vp calais. I will also be getting an alarm with remote central locking. How much are the domelight alarms? Thanks so much for the positive feedback, it makes it all worthwhile.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Alarms normally depend on who makes them and ease of install. If you were able to install the power windows, you should capable of installing an alarm.
Brands to think about are Viper, Python and Hornet.
Viper and Python are basically the same although I'd rather install a Viper over a Python one any day.
Hornet do cheapish ones with some good features. Big monies will get you useless features such as remote start and auto demister and heater control. But the novelty of these wear off pretty quick.
Get an idea of price from a workshop, don't go to JB hi fi or similar.
Or cheapies can be found on eBay, but as always, buyer beware.

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was thinking of viper anyway which is good to know that they are decent. I basically just want remote central locking, any other features will just be a bonus. When i got the car it had only one lock that could be opened with the key which was the passenger door. I have since broken that lock and can no longer lock my car. So thats my main reason for wanting it.

Dum*P*ster

Moist
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI
I just read this entire thread ! and I love the results at first! Now this is a good motivation booster from and unloved car to something thats making a name for itself :D,
Love how it looked 'different' but now its MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCHHH better.. Keep up the good work I will be sure to watch and see as you progress with it :D :D :D :D

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
I was thinking of viper anyway which is good to know that they are decent. I basically just want remote central locking, any other features will just be a bonus. When i got the car it had only one lock that could be opened with the key which was the passenger door. I have since broken that lock and can no longer lock my car. So thats my main reason for wanting it.

There's quite a few "entry level" viper alarms, they'll give you what your after. They just don't have remote start.
2 stage unlocking is also quite handy.