Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DCEIVDU's VN possible ex cop car :/

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
I just read this entire thread ! and I love the results at first! Now this is a good motivation booster from and unloved car to something thats making a name for itself :D,
Love how it looked 'different' but now its MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCHHH better.. Keep up the good work I will be sure to watch and see as you progress with it :D :D :D :D

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! Hands down nicest comment ive had. I still have a long way to go but im loving how it has progressed from what it was to how it is now. I think im still under $1000 for budget also at the moment whch makes me appreciate the outcome even more. I just had my number 3 and 6 coil pack stuff up on me but all fixed now and didnt cost me.

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
There's quite a few "entry level" viper alarms, they'll give you what your after. They just don't have remote start.
2 stage unlocking is also quite handy.

Any of the entry level alarms available for the $100-$150 price range? Or less lol

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
just had a pleasant experience with sapol

I was driving down walkleys road to grab something for a mate when all of a sudden, police were everywhere doing a drug and alcohol setup. With my less than fortunate history, i knew i was going to he selected and suprise surprise, i was waved into there station. They were wearing their delightfullynew navy blue uniforms as they were testing me for both drugs and alcohol. The woman doing the testing made small talk while the other officer was checking over my car. They checked my horn, tire tread, handbrake, all lights and indicators, and even my full lock for my wheel clearance. All was ok and the woman asked about my paint and was stunned when she found out that i acheived a decent finish with spray cans. After a few minutes, the tests came back all clear and she sent me on my way with great courtesy and zero defects.

With that pleasant experience i say... CRUISE FOR CHARITY HERE I COME! :)

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Not Autobarn or similar.
Try a independent mob for car audio/installs
They may or may not warrant their work as it's "factory refurbished" not brand new. Pays to ask up front.
I put the same model in mine and it was factory refurbished, just pay close attention to where the jumpers inside the module are, or you may fry it.

It will also cost extra to get all the features hooked up as well, ie: remote start and demister.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Only if you want to show off to your mates!
I only use the remote start in winter, warn up the car before I get in. You do however have to leave the heater on say, speed 2 or 3 to have any benefit for the interior.

The main ones I use/recommend is the two stage unlock, and the domelight supervision.
Its also handy that the main remote works from inside my work, so if I forgot if I locked it, I can lock it from my office and the remote tells me its locked.

Oh, and if you have it, remote boot release is good too.