Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

De-Supercharging L67 and manualising ?!?!?!

VTspec2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S2 V6S
thanks hakhawk !! i agree, modifications would need to be implemented, but a great v6 base none-the less!!! {to others} i wasnt saying 'raptor' is my choice but 'aftermarket' perhaps is a better suited word..

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
well well well , uninformed would guess at that wouldn't they? i wouldnt put a bloody weak as piss t5 in it, it would be tremec 6 speed conversion ( obviously the only thing to handle torque ) , how dumb do you think iam to break something doing a CAI install mate?? seriously i have owned 3 of these cars before!!! the reason for this is it has unrestricted flow and eats every bit it can and the poor computer has to compensate.... anyway, other 'CONSTRUCTIVE" feedback plz, the eaton unit is un-efficient and boring, dont want another ecotec as its not nearly as built as this block is, and im not leaving it alone after this is done it just seems like a much better platform that a busted as$ ecotec like 92% of commo owners out there, but ITS SOMETHING DIFFERENT and you ppl seem to be afraid of this.... neva know if ya neva try ...

Quoted for future lolz...

Just so you know a positive displacement supercharger is more efficient than a centrifugal supercharger...

The centrifugal will feel more "Peaky" due to the way it offers it's boost delivery.
But the Positive displacement aka fixed displacement blower will be a better option.
An if you do not like the m90, Upgrade to a M112 Blower or something..

But I'll leave this thread up to you, Thinking your V6 needs a Tremec 6speed conversion...

Anyway...

P.S- Replace your oxy sensors...

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
I think your argument is that you'd have a decompressed motor which would happily run more boost with a raptor instead of the 10psi it does now. The problem is that the highest boost a raptor can do is 12psi (which voids your warranty) and anything more than that will push it to the point of disintegration. I had mine running 14psi for 2 days and killed it.
Why wouldn't you just put a manual box behind the motor and leave it with the top mount blower?

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
well well well , uninformed would guess at that wouldn't they? i wouldnt put a bloody weak as piss t5 in it, it would be tremec 6 speed conversion ( obviously the only thing to handle torque ) , how dumb do you think iam to break something doing a CAI install mate?? seriously i have owned 3 of these cars before!!! the reason for this is it has unrestricted flow and eats every bit it can and the poor computer has to compensate.... anyway, other 'CONSTRUCTIVE" feedback plz, the eaton unit is un-efficient and boring, dont want another ecotec as its not nearly as built as this block is, and im not leaving it alone after this is done it just seems like a much better platform that a busted as$ ecotec like 92% of commo owners out there, but ITS SOMETHING DIFFERENT and you ppl seem to be afraid of this.... neva know if ya neva try ...

well fark me, sorry dude was just a thought.. but obviously not 'CONSTRUCTIVE' enough for ya...

you must be the only one who's put a cai on properly cause i've never herd of it doubling fuel econ before....

enjoy

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
i think this guy might be onto something, the l67 is built stronger than a standard ecotec isnt it? so i think it would make a pretty good base for a v6 project...

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Rather then a t-56 I'd probably price up a built powerglide to handle the torque

Allistaire

Reaction score
Members Ride
f6
Yeah but he wants a manual , you would be able to easily get a manual to handle the torque but they chew the fuel and are a Bast%rd to launch. I had a 1998 Spac VT with all the FIT goodies and tunes of boost with a manual and it was a pig to lauch and chewed the fuel . Heaps of fun though

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Have you thought of twincharging it?

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Yeah but he wants a manual , you would be able to easily get a manual to handle the torque but they chew the fuel and are a Bast%rd to launch. I had a 1998 Spac VT with all the FIT goodies and tunes of boost with a manual and it was a pig to lauch and chewed the fuel . Heaps of fun though

They only use the fuel if you drive with your foot welded to the floor.. Manuals use less power than Auto's, so they will also use less fuel to run..