Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deep Pan & Wide Mouth V8 A6

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
If you already have the box tuned then no need to redo it, this eliminates starvation specifically it keeps more cool fluid supplied to the torque convertor under increased pressures.
Yes also get a tranny flash to loosen up the stall and change shift points if you don't already have one.

vr355stroker

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 clubby w/Ls3, 05 VZ Lumina
Also,if your going to get the kit from Greg,go through there catalogue the see if you need something else cause postage is 80bucks....that's what I did,now the postage doesn't seem so steep.

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
Hey pirate can you please send me a quick pm just wanted to ask a few questions, I'm on my phone and I can't send one we'll I can't figure it out anyway lol cheers

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Hey guys since i had the new sump installed i noticed it takes much longer for the trans to get to normal operating temp, could this cause issues with the transmission down the track?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Hey guys since i had the new sump installed i noticed it takes much longer for the trans to get to normal operating temp, could this cause issues with the transmission down the track?

Nah haven't observed that, do you mean how it can act odd during warm up cycle? There's a lot freaky **** in the stock tune... Have you had the T43 sorted with the March 2011 update at least?
Doesn't matter either way you should flash to that and drive around for 1000k to relearn and then load a tranny tune.

Last edited:

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah haven't observed that, do you mean how it can act odd during warm up cycle? There's a lot freaky **** in the stock tune... Have you had the T43 sorted with the March 2011 update at least?
Doesn't matter either way you should flash to that and drive around for 1000k to relearn and then load a tranny tune.

Im talking about the actual sump temp that you can observe in engineering mode. Its taking over 20 mins to get to temp.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I think it has a warm up routine to 65° and wants to maintain / sit around 85°, anywhere in between is good (as long as filled correctly at 50°). Depends on conditions, like sometimes sits around 70° due to environment and just sitting in traffic can hit 105° I've found.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think it has a warm up routine to 65° and wants to maintain / sit around 85°, anywhere in between is good (as long as filled correctly at 50°). Depends on conditions, like sometimes sits around 70° due to environment and just sitting in traffic can hit 105° I've found.

It takes a good 10-15 mins to even hit 60c. That aside the Sump has worked a treat, no flaring around corners at all and no hesitation under hard acceleration . It also never gets more then 5c over the coolant temp under hard driving conditions. How do i go about finding out if i have the March 2011 T43 update?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
It takes a good 10-15 mins to even hit 60c. That aside the Sump has worked a treat, no flaring around corners at all and no hesitation under hard acceleration . It also never gets more then 5c over the coolant temp under hard driving conditions. How do i go about finding out if i have the March 2011 T43 update?

Yeah that's about right for this time of year, not good to drive hard under 60° of course. It takes a shedload of energy to get there and then it's right, same with cooling - takes three hours to return several below 50° after warming up to 65°. That's why so many cars running around with incorrect fluid level!! (Because it has to be between 30°-50° When checking and most mech. CBF)

74118CBE-D480-4439-B533-7507C8125237.png

sidecar55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1 9.5 Sportwagon/VE SS Series 2 Ute
Just ordered pan & filter to do the wagon.