Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deep Pan & Wide Mouth V8 A6

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
As a side note, Ive been running this mod now for a couple of weeks. I think I need to check / top up the fluid level as the transmission is still playing up a little bit when not up to temperature.
(I have noticed under very harsh braking - stopping, the transmission will slip in to neutral for a split second when the car has stopped.
(I.E. The car comes to a stop, and then a split second later, its like placing the transmission back into drive, you notice the car lurching forwards).

I performed the transmission fluid fill part to the letter in the workshop manual, however the constant stream fluid check is very open to interpretation.
When I originally drained my transmission fluid, it certainly wasnt just a constant trickle coming out from the check plug.
(It was more like a constant stream for around 750ml to 1L), so I am going to try and add another 500mml to see if this helps.

If you are looking at a transmission fluid change, then I would HIGHLY recommend this mod !

Have you tried Fast TAP relearn?

I had similar thing. TAP relearn costs $120-$180 and three hours for Holden dealer. I think this happens when you do a full tranny flash using EFILive anyway. Standalone function available through that software otherwise what I did was full flash stock tune from 2011 update then drive around for a tank (>500km) then prog flash the custom calibration. Since gone back to stock 2011 file with subsequent upgrades as torque management is excellent, more acceleration and never any problem.

bkvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportwagon
Thanks Zerone , just waiting for a reply from pace and will buy and do this mod.

bkvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportwagon
Greg at Pace has mailed me back. will send this kit to oz for $153.00 .... ordered and waiting delivery . :beer chug:

bkvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportwagon
fyi... $153 usd converts to $183 aus. still will be happy if this fixes the way this spastic transmision works. The 4 speed auto in my vyss was so much better !

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
It does and...it does!

bkvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportwagon
Thx snowy i hope so. Will get a tune for engine and trans soon as i can afford it. Too many things i want and not enuff $$ .
Hmm google bank robber as career oh wait, the banks and govment have beat me to the " robbing innocent people of their savings " damn !

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Hey gents,

Sorry to bring back from the dead - just ordered one for my car as I'm getting some epic flare on WOT from 2-3. Will my gearbox need to be re-tuned after I install?

Cheers & Happy New Year!!

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Hey gents,

Sorry to bring back from the dead - just ordered one for my car as I'm getting some epic flare on WOT from 2-3. Will my gearbox need to be re-tuned after I install?

Cheers & Happy New Year!!

Ultimately yes, if not tuned with custom flash then at least a Fast Tap Relearn (flash reset) as above. It is not imperative, as in you will notice a difference with more cooler fluid anyway, but the Transmission Apply Pressures are likely out of whack and this is the fastest way to start from scratch. Really critical is driving normally (or I should say more sedately through RPM range) for about half a tank during relearn.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Cheers will get the guys to re-tune it once my diff gears arrive also.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Thread dig, just looked on pace performance the kit is 73 US dollar sound right?