Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Delivery Date's

oswald900

Reaction score
Been to a Holden Dealer and got told that they couldn't deliver a SV6 to us for 7 week's.

Since we have sold our other car and the SV6 would be or on car i went to another dealer.

Within 2 1/2 hours he had a SV6 we want and can deliver it within a week.

Just curious as to how this can happen and has this happened to anyone else ?

Mr Confused :bang:

Utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II Monaro CV8 Redhot
oswald900 said:
Been to a Holden Dealer and got told that they couldn't deliver a SV6 to us for 7 week's.

Since we have sold our other car and the SV6 would be or on car i went to another dealer.

Within 2 1/2 hours he had a SV6 we want and can deliver it within a week.

Just curious as to how this can happen and has this happened to anyone else ?

Mr Confused :bang:

Different dealers have different relationships with other dealers.
They would have "swapped" and obtained the car you wanted from another dealer.

oswald900

Reaction score
Seem's strange to me as the Dealer we are getting the car from said that 10 come off the line today (Fri) and another 20 would be coming off in two weeks.

That's 30 SV6's going out in two week's so to me the first dealer couldn't get one of them even is strange to me.

Maybe they are not liked by other Dealer's or something.

Still has me :bang:

Utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II Monaro CV8 Redhot
oswald900 said:
Seem's strange to me as the Dealer we are getting the car from said that 10 come off the line today (Fri) and another 20 would be coming off in two weeks.

That's 30 SV6's going out in two week's so to me the first dealer couldn't get one of them even is strange to me.

Maybe they are not liked by other Dealer's or something.

Still has me :bang:

My understanding is that dealers also have monthly allocations, they can only get a certain amount of cars each month. Maybe this was the first dealers problem?

oswald900

Reaction score
Yeah not sure.
When i went to the 1st dealer he found one for us then 2 hours later we rang back and comfirmed that we would get it then he told us that it was sold.
He then rang around and thats when he said he could not get us one for up 7 weeks.

No skin off our nose as we get our car soon and they loose out on a sale.

SV6_stormrider

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ SV6 M6 - Quicksilver
I ordered my SV6 around november '94. Since it was towards the end of the year I specifically asked the dealer for a '05 build plated car. Still took them 2 months to get it to me because of factory closure over christmas/new year and was delivered at the end of Feb. But in the end I got a '05 spec SV6 at '04 prices. That was when they included side airbags and Limited Slip Diff as standard (except I ordered the LSD as an option). Not long after New Year, the price went up about 500 bucks. Now I see the list price is up 700 bucks from when I first ordered the car. Guess it pays to wait sometimes.

Brings me to ask...what sort of deals are people getting on their SV6's ? Mine was $40K all up incl On Roads, Options (LSD, Tint, Metallic Paint, Mud Flaps). Got $18K trade-in for my '01 VX S. Take away $3K in Holden Card rebate I ended up with a changeover of $20K. Oh yeah, had all 5 VX SS rims that I had on my S, swapped over to the SV6 as well so I could keep my full size spare. Didn't like the look of the SV6 rims

Last edited:

oswald900

Reaction score
Well we are getting ours through lease.
We are getting it for $38,740.
Thats mudflaps,floor mats,metalic paint,paint protection,fabric protection,tinited windows and on road for 12 months.

After 3 years of leasing it we can either buy it outright for $17,000 or sell it keep the profit and get another new lease car.

See what happens as things change.

Axel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
When I went to buy my SS Ute, I went to dealer A, told him what I wanted and left a deposit. He was to call me the following Monday with a delivery date "probably two weeks"......
Got the call, was told wait 8 weeks or take a red one instead of the Impulse Blue and I could have it by that Friday.
Called dealer B who found a blue one elsewhere so I cancelled the order from dealer A and got my Impulse Blue in two weeks from dealer B (Hunter Holden in Sydney).

Dealer A obviously had a red one sitting in the yard costing money and they saw this as their chance to get rid of it. Instead they lost a sale altogether.

oswald900

Reaction score
Picked ours up Thursday night.If we had waited for the other dealer it would be another 5 weeks.

Loving the car already

:w00t:

Boughto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
I Ordered a SS Crewman in may and still have not recieved a delivery date. Heard that Holden were having long wheel base production problems which has slowed everything down. And that they are know producing the limited editions (storms, equips) before they produce any other cars. Surely they would produce the purchased cars first