Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Delivery Date's

C

crewiess

Dinga said:
Yep 19th sep . tell ya what i know wheres theres a blue SS crewman VZ manual leather on the yard ready to go, Oldfield holden brisbane ask for josh, are you guys getting the free fuel with your deals?, how much are you paying for your car crewiess?

It is pretty close to 50k on the road but that is with leather, hardlid, racks,towbar, tinting and the parking sensors. I get the GST input credit so it comes back to around 45K

No free fuel - I think that advertising was a bit rich as they had no SS crewmans to sell. I have also complained earlier this year when GMH - not a dealer - advertised deals that had free leather on all SS models incl crewman. When I pursued the deal I was told it was only on 04 plated vehicles but there was no such limitation in the ad and they had no 04 plated vehicles left.

C

crewiess

Boughto said:
2/8/05 came and went but still no ss crewman. they are now telling me the 12/8/05. hope they dont stuff you arround like they have stuffed me. we are a one car family at the moment and iam not enjoying riding arround in the barina. cant wait for my crewman

Hey Boughto - has your beast turned up yet?

Just got another update from the dealer - delivery date put back to 2 September. Been told by the dealer that it is up to something called Item 18 which apparently is somewhere towards the end of the paint process. Just goes to show having a number just means that something is in the ether. Geez I'm gettin p%$#ed with Holden. I dont think it is the dealer - they dont make any money until I hand it over. Anyone else getting screwed around like this?

C

crewiess

The running saga - I am now told it is on the truck to town:yeah. They may come good with delivery next week. Yehahh!!!! :D

Boughto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
crewiess said:
Hey Boughto - has your beast turned up yet?

Just got another update from the dealer - delivery date put back to 2 September. Been told by the dealer that it is up to something called Item 18 which apparently is somewhere towards the end of the paint process. Just goes to show having a number just means that something is in the ether. Geez I'm gettin p%$#ed with Holden. I dont think it is the dealer - they dont make any money until I hand it over. Anyone else getting screwed around like this?

Yes the grunter arrived and i picked her up on tuesday 9th August. she was worth the wait. Already put 2000km on her just love driving it. Sucking a bit of juice at the moment with the current price of fuel. But worht every cent.

D

Dinga

Boughto said:
Yes the grunter arrived and i picked her up on tuesday 9th August. she was worth the wait. Already put 2000km on her just love driving it. Sucking a bit of juice at the moment with the current price of fuel. But worht every cent.

Hey Broughto you said its using a bit of fuel how manys kms to a tank?
Mines the 18th sep now ....looking forward to it.

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
crewiess said:
It is pretty close to 50k on the road but that is with leather, hardlid, racks,towbar, tinting and the parking sensors. I get the GST input credit so it comes back to around 45K

No free fuel - I think that advertising was a bit rich as they had no SS crewmans to sell. I have also complained earlier this year when GMH - not a dealer - advertised deals that had free leather on all SS models incl crewman. When I pursued the deal I was told it was only on 04 plated vehicles but there was no such limitation in the ad and they had no 04 plated vehicles left.
For what it's worth i don't think they can do that. If the ad doesn't state such limitations they must honour their advertising. You could check with the Dept. of Fair Trading though. Did the ad very in very small writing somewhere "*conditions apply"? If so then they are probably well within their rights because it's up to you as the consumer to check into the conditions.

Hope your crewman arrives soon mate.

C

crewiess

Hopefully only 3 sleeps to go!!!! :thumbsup:

In relation to Holden's performance I have not been filled with confidence or optimism after my experiences regarding delivery dates, dealing with them over the ads and also having read some of the threads. I have had contact with the ACCC and the local fair trading people about the advertising.

C

crewiess

Manda - Yep - I got it on Friday. Car sensational :thumbsup:
- some of the extras not available - no tint, no lid, no parking sensors and the wrong tow ball. :b:

But I just wanted the car. The other stuff comes next week.

Been to busy driving it to get to much up on the site. : :D