Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dem & Wraith's HMAS VX Berliner

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Yeah I do love our boat. She goes pretty good now with decent fuel and a service. Spoke to the ebay seller who sold us the led kit and they have been super helpful definitely recommend them.

sunlinesauto2014 on eBay

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
So any one know if a V8 bottom airbox will work with the ecotec top?

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
TSA of all the airboxes, eco, ls1 & 304 are the same. Eco + l67 and 304 are identical bottoms. LS1 has a different fastening system (screws instead of clips) and instead of a corner cut-out for the otr intake, it just has a hole.

So long story short, not worth it in the slightest. Those airboxes flow plenty for a v6 anyway.

Better off putting the money towards amint headunit.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah figured as much. It feels restricted to me because when you put your hand on the snorkel it almost sticks your hand to it. Might just drill another hole next to the other one. Not like it's hard to pick up another bottom airbox. Cheers meady.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Have you still got the Mace box from the Clubby ? modify to suit the wagon ?

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold that last year otherwise I would have. I really don't like the look of them though on the later models to be honest.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I picked up the lights this afternoon and me being me I had to fit them on. Stupidly simple install really. Looks so much better. Gave the grill a half assed paint strip. One light is way off the other is good. Luckily for me it's the easiest light to adjust. Much better light output. Pictures will come tomorrow.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Service done. Some idiot namely me couldn't get the sump plug off so took it to the mechanic after he finished with the clubby. New oil in start it. Brown already so it will be changed in 1500kms and some good stuff put in. Mechanic did the diff oil as well. Said he couldn't really find anything wrong with it which is good.

Also pictures. Grill isn't 100% done yet there's still paint to be removed but ran out of thinners.

wlrLxVz.jpg

Need to adjust passenger side as it's off to the right. Luckily it's also the easiest to get to. Light output is awesome now though.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
... I love the projector style ones but it seems the high beam isn't as good which I guess doesn't matter that much. Not sure if I want chrome or black either. Chrome would work better with the grill and silver colour I think. Opinions?

So did you find out if that ^^ is right ?

I have my eye on a set of similar (the dark version) but having decent high beam here is important.
Puting driving/fog lights in the bumper inserts would be my answer but mine's an Acclaim so I think it's got the Exec front bar and I don't know what goes in or is behind the stock block plates on it. Any ideas ?