Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Depressed people...

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
I am Depressed.

I am also treated, and managing it, quite well.

The most important thing to realise is that true depression is (usually) a chemical imbalance. Not a disease, but a treatable condition, like acne.

The second thing to realise is that most depressives don't know thet they are depressed. The problem with depression is that "Normal" for a depressive, is way 'down' for a normal person.

You best action is to grab the depressive and say 'mate - you look like your suffering from a seratonin imbalance. Ive seen that before. Lets get you in to see a quack'.

I found out I was depressed because I dated a girl who had walk away from a depressive before. She said your depressed, go and see a quack. I thought it was a joke. But being a reasonably intelligent guy, I did my own research first - expecting her to be wrong. She wasn't.

Now I'm good.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
By the way - true depression onsets at the end of puberty. It's a chemical imblanace where seratonin in the brain, gets reabsorbed by the body too rapidly. Seratonin is one of the chemicals that carries electrical signals across the joins between neurons in the brain.

Treatment involves administering Seratonin reabsorption inhibitors (SnRI's) usually in tablet form.

In effect, a depressive gets less 'up' from positive events. restoring the uplift gives you a more positive outlook on life. I speak from experience.

If your a teenager I personally doubt you can be truly depressed.

eroled

VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Some people have a very good reason to be depressed for so many reasons, but for the other 95% of attention seekers just need to build a bridge and NOT jump off it ,get to the other side and have a big cup of hardin the **** up. :thumbsup:

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
Depression is much like ADD or whatever they call it these days. Over diagnosed and over prescribed. It seems doctors think that being sad is depression, much like lack of discipline = ADD.

Most people who claim to have depression just need a cup of concrete.

most people cant afford that cup these days either. there is more to being diagnosed with depression than you would think. i went to the doc for a depression plan , half priced shrink visits (around 140 an hour). the doc wrote up a possible what it could be letter to the clinical shrink who then in turn went about pulling me apart .
and i agree with the over prescribed part. was on xanax didnt do anything, then another that wiped me out and the last one was 75mg of efexor. it has to be to do with the fact people have different reactions to the drugs. i was put on efexor to increase my endorphines as i was tired all the time, no energry and lacking motivation in all parts of life.
only someone on their high horse would compare add and depression as both extremes of each other.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
most people cant afford that cup these days either. there is more to being diagnosed with depression than you would think. i went to the doc for a depression plan , half priced shrink visits (around 140 an hour). the doc wrote up a possible what it could be letter to the clinical shrink who then in turn went about pulling me apart .
and i agree with the over prescribed part. was on xanax didnt do anything, then another that wiped me out and the last one was 75mg of efexor. it has to be to do with the fact people have different reactions to the drugs. i was put on efexor to increase my endorphines as i was tired all the time, no energry and lacking motivation in all parts of life.

:rofl: harder than I think? When I left the army I had one meeting with a doctor and yup, they said it was depression. Funny, I just thought it was something like else due to the fact my career, my life as I knew it etc had come to an end. Again, diagnosis of depression is a joke. So many cases are just a load of crap.

For the record, I refused medication and treatment because clearly the doctors were arse hats that were diagnosing for the sake of diagnosing.

only someone on their high horse would compare add and depression as both extremes of each other.

Only an idiot would say I was comparing the 2 illnesses. I was saying depression is as over diagnosed as ADD.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
it really depresses me that we dont get along might go end it :cry:
you could be in denile

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
it really depresses me that we dont get along might go end it :cry:
you could be in denile

Denial of what? I love my life and would not swap it for anything. No denial here mate :)

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
i had a friend that tried this so many times. she is dumb as a ****ing stump now