Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Design for my air intake. Any good?

Jamie-b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
How do you think something like this would go? I already have the Super 6 OTR CAI, but if i sort of done the 2 hole mod to it?
myidea.jpg

if i cut a round hole in the cai intake pipe, then put another pipe about 3inch long to collect air from behind the headlight?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
pointless. any air pushed in by the otrcai would probably be lost through the hole at the front.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
How do you think something like this would go? I already have the Super 6 OTR CAI, but if i sort of done the 2 hole mod to it?
myidea.jpg

if i cut a round hole in the cai intake pipe, then put another pipe about 3inch long to collect air from behind the headlight?

most people i think go downwards through the bottom with a second pipe, you have too cut through metal though... i wouldnt want too do that.

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
ok here are the pics

ok here are the pics

Photo0005.jpg

Photo0004.jpg

Photo0007.jpg

but since that i have painted it black (looks a lil better LOL) and also i took the windscreen washer bottle out and made another 90mm pipe going straight down, so it has two cold air intakes now realisticly speaking, 2 x 90mm, which is a bit of air flow, let me know what you guys think, apart from the dodgyness of it haha

Last edited:

commodo95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series 1
I have a K&N in the std box ( V6 ) and the SS / HSV Holden OTR CAI , i have also modified the front bumper around the bonnet latch to allow more airflow through the "nostrils" to be picked up , if you look at the contours of the underside of the bonnet you can see that the air flows well through this area , combined with pacemakers and a full 2 1/2 system it makes a decent amount of power without a stupid , defectable pod filter

Jamie-b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
peckzz- Im going to do somthing sort of like yours, but instead of the pipe, im going to modify the otr cai, and some form of heat proofing on the inside of the box..

also how did u move the washer bottle? or did u just get rid of it all together?
Thanks

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
I have a K&N in the std box ( V6 ) and the SS / HSV Holden OTR CAI , i have also modified the front bumper around the bonnet latch to allow more airflow through the "nostrils" to be picked up , if you look at the contours of the underside of the bonnet you can see that the air flows well through this area , combined with pacemakers and a full 2 1/2 system it makes a decent amount of power without a stupid , defectable pod filter

got any pics at all of how youve modified the bonnet?

speed_freak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8 Eco
ill take some pics of mine tommorow. i finished it over the weekend. and i painted the airbox and intake pipes yellow.

i am very regretful of that move lol i guess you live and learn.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
hozycai02.jpg

hozycai01.jpg

hozyintake01.jpg

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6

haha stupid pod filter? hmmm ok then, from where i am from they aint verystupid, i have a set of pacemakers as well with 2 1/2 exaust, now that WITH the pod is awsome, so dunno where you are from mate, and my car got registred with the pod so it must not be that illegal