Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Design for my air intake. Any good?

chrisdoesitbetter

| → ³8°º™ ← |
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8L
that looks pretty cool...i can see on the mesh stuff how much dirt and crap may be getin' in your filter tho... do u notice much power difference with it?

speed_freak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8 Eco
seems to pull harder at higher revs. no real gain down low though. noticeable difference on engine tempreature though when driving

speed_freak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8 Eco
haha i can talk you through it if you were interested in making one. its very very simple just takes a bit of time and tools.

Jamie-b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
well seems i have to do some searching on this, my mate has a vn out the back of his house, i will see if it will fit, if not i will have to modify some where for it to go, i will keep you posted

EDIT: i just had a read through that forum, and something triggered my mind, the only reason you have to remove the washer box is because of the stupid bloody neck on it to fill it up right, so what if we cut the neck to about 1 inch off the top of the bottle, then get a peace of flexible plastic tubing as thick as the washer bottle neck so it will slide on top with a clamp around it? because its not taking serious pressure and heat, that way you could have it coming out where ever you want, and for a lid, cut the top of the washer bottle off about a inch, then do the same as connecting it to the bottle, just chuck a clamp on it, i might actually do this today and post pictures tonight of it, might seem a bit dodgy but hell, we all gotta live by a budget and some are tighter than others, like mine for instance haha

good idea mate,
the only reason i want to move the neck filler is because im building a pod enclosure similar to the mace one, and want to be able to fit a decent sized POD on it, so i might be able to get away with just cutting the neck shorter so its nearly flush with the body, then pitting a lid on it, if not i could try turning the box on its side, then putting a 90 degree bend on the filler neck, so to fill it up you would put the hose at the back of the front bumper/front of the wheel arch..
I havt got my car here atm so its hard to really think, but we'll come up with something..:thumbsup:

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
good idea mate,
the only reason i want to move the neck filler is because im building a pod enclosure similar to the mace one, and want to be able to fit a decent sized POD on it, so i might be able to get away with just cutting the neck shorter so its nearly flush with the body, then pitting a lid on it, if not i could try turning the box on its side, then putting a 90 degree bend on the filler neck, so to fill it up you would put the hose at the back of the front bumper/front of the wheel arch..
I havt got my car here atm so its hard to really think, but we'll come up with something..:thumbsup:

sounds like the plan ay, just got me 17's yesterday, roasted me old 15's, here is a short vid just before the dodgy (SUPPOSIVLY REAL TYRES, BUT WAS RETREADS FROM BEAUREPAIRS) retread flew off

YouTube - vr single wheeler

VN_chris

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore S
hey mate have to disagree there, i have the supercharged vs OTRCAI on my car and so do heaps of other people on here, and it does make a huge difference.

I have an OTR CAI on my VN with a K&N pannel filter and aluminum intake piping and after a 50k drive on the free way the aluminium pipes are alot cooler than the engine. OTR CAI's are the way to go i rekon

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
I have an OTR CAI on my VN with a K&N pannel filter and aluminum intake piping and after a 50k drive on the free way the aluminium pipes are alot cooler than the engine. OTR CAI's are the way to go i rekon

of course the piping is going to be cooler than the engine. there arent thousands of explosions occuring inside your intake piping