Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Design for my air intake. Any good?

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
peckzz- Im going to do somthing sort of like yours, but instead of the pipe, im going to modify the otr cai, and some form of heat proofing on the inside of the box..

also how did u move the washer bottle? or did u just get rid of it all together?
Thanks

yea removed it compltely right, and got one out of a vn-vp, it sits around the top drivers side high hat, just near the brake booster, i will take some pics in the sun today so you can see, but have not got the new washer bottle in as of yet.

took it for a drive last nite, i can definatly GAURENTEE you (bad spelling but oh well) that it has alot more power with the 2 inductions instead of the 1, knocked half a second of 0-100 times

Jamie-b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
yea removed it compltely right, and got one out of a vn-vp, it sits around the top drivers side high hat, just near the brake booster, i will take some pics in the sun today so you can see, but have not got the new washer bottle in as of yet.

Ok thanks mate,
when you put the new bottle up, could you please write a quick DIY, or even just give me some tips, if its not completly straight forward...
Do i need a new water pump motor or anything when i do this?
Thanks

Edit:
it says HERE that the vn-vp washer bottles wont fit..
the VS has different strut tops so the Vn washer bottle wont fit.

Last edited:

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
Ok thanks mate,
when you put the new bottle up, could you please write a quick DIY, or even just give me some tips, if its not completly straight forward...
Do i need a new water pump motor or anything when i do this?
Thanks

Edit:
it says HERE that the vn-vp washer bottles wont fit..

well seems i have to do some searching on this, my mate has a vn out the back of his house, i will see if it will fit, if not i will have to modify some where for it to go, i will keep you posted

EDIT: i just had a read through that forum, and something triggered my mind, the only reason you have to remove the washer box is because of the stupid bloody neck on it to fill it up right, so what if we cut the neck to about 1 inch off the top of the bottle, then get a peace of flexible plastic tubing as thick as the washer bottle neck so it will slide on top with a clamp around it? because its not taking serious pressure and heat, that way you could have it coming out where ever you want, and for a lid, cut the top of the washer bottle off about a inch, then do the same as connecting it to the bottle, just chuck a clamp on it, i might actually do this today and post pictures tonight of it, might seem a bit dodgy but hell, we all gotta live by a budget and some are tighter than others, like mine for instance haha

speed_freak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8 Eco
ok this is my finished product

Attachments

• IMAG0064.jpg
    IMAG0064.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMAG0065.jpg
    IMAG0065.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMAG0066.jpg
    IMAG0066.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMAG0067.jpg
    IMAG0067.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 157

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')

speed_freak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8 Eco
haha i regret painting it yellow now. it needs a few more coats of paint. ill do it when i can be bothered, its too bloody hot!

speed_freak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8 Eco
tested going over a curb this morning. it doesnt hit. it looks lower in the pictures than in real life, i think i had the camera on an angle. just gotta get some flyscreen over the tops of the vents and it will be done

speed_freak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8 Eco
theres a definate difference above 3-3.5k it really starts to pull much harder. also noticed that engine tempreature is slightly lower than before. sits at about 1/5th 1/6th whilst driving. all in all its not too bad considering the cost.

all up it was

1m 75mm PVC Pipe - $6.95
3x 90deg bends - $9.30
1x 90deg tee - $4.50
1x dropper outlet - $6.28
1x straight joiner - $3.28
- $30.31 for the CAI

1.5m Neoprene rubber - $22.75
aluminium sheeting - cant find receipt but it was like $10 or something

all up was about $60.00 in parts to build the box and the cai. not too shabby at all.