Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deuce's new daily - 1970 series2a LWB

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
This week I got a new rubber flexible line for the rear brakes chassis to axle housing assembly. Unfortunately they sent a series3 (metric 1.0 thread) instead of series2 (unf 3/8-24 tpi). So unless it arrives tomorrow, that will be a next week goal.
Modified RH front fender cut out for the power steering conversion a little more. - getting closer.
Rear window track for front door arrived and is installed.
Got 5metres of door seal as well. So this may go in at some point (already had some sections, and not sure how much total I will need)
And lastly first row doors and tail door have pins/bolt in to catches so maximum door opening is limited - otherwise doors can fold back on themselves.
No pictures today sorry.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Drivers door fixed window is in and sealed (hopefully) with bottom sliding window track in and a hole cut for series3 style window lock.
Tomorrow I might clean the sliding window glass and fit it with the top rail.
I took a picture but it was too dark really.
Big thanks to the wife for helping holding the glass etc.

Once the sliding window is in, I might get onto the rubber door seals and then the truck is practically sealed up to the elements.
It's cute how you think a Landrover is sealed to the elements. :p

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
My feet used to get wet in my 2A driving through a light shower.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
My feet used to get wet in my 2A driving through a light shower.
In my last 2a I drove through a big puddle at 50kph and the water splash put a 5-6 inch crack in the 202 cast exhaust manifold. Started ticking really bad coming out of that puddle.

On another note, the correct brake hose arrived this morning (well, I haven't even opened the package yet), so might have a chance to install it after my girls first birthday party today.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Can I suggest that you stop calling it a truck? It's not a truck. We are not in Murica...

Reactions: Lex

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Can I suggest that you stop calling it a truck? It's not a truck. We are not in Murica...
Not gonna happen sorry.
I worked for an American company for 12years and now it is ingrained.

In my garage is 1x car, 1x motorbike, 1x truck - very clear definitions. Out of interest, what would you refer to it as?
My old truck? Little blue truck? Family wagon? Landi?
I'm quite happy with truck. Sorry for the inconvenience to you, but happy to hear your thoughts.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
My Range Rover is just the Rangie or generically, the 4WD. I might be a bit pedantic but I hate the way we have taken on the American terminology in a lot of things, especially the car scene. Boot - trunk, bonnet - hood, wheel nuts - lug nuts etc. And because I do a lot of 4WDing, I especially hate 4WD's being called trucks lol. Irks me. Watching the 4WD Action DVD's before they turned into infomercials, Roothy always referring to them all as trucks.

If it were mine, I would probably call it the Landy.

Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It is an interesting conundrum. We used to have utes but they have become so large these days they are fairly much US style trucks. Land rovers have had many purposed during their life from your basic farm vehicle to fire trucks and everything in between. They were definitely a work vehicle though so truck does kind of feel appropriate somehow.

Last edited: