Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diesel Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) Sensors issues with a ZB wagon

Nik8250

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Commodore
Hey all, has anybody experienced issues with Diesel Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) Sensors with their ZB? I've had the EML warning come on a number of times and after the service centre doing the recommended software upgrades, the issue doesn't seem to go away. I had the sensor replaced a year ago because the service centre ran out of options. That worked almost for a year and then the issue happened again which was again resolved by the sensor replacement. I've heard from the dealer that other people experienced issues and had to be back almost 8 times. I've done some research and people in Europe are indicating that these are common problems which can become costly if having to perform outside the warranty period. I haven't seen anybody report this problem in this forum so I am trying to understand if I have a lemon or if others share my pain. I've had the car for years and annoyingly - this is the only gripe I have with the car.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
How many kilometres are on your car and do you have a decent scan tool to see what codes are popping up?