Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB 2018 Commodore diesel DPF replacement - now cant fill with fuel

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I needed to add fuel to get it to the service center before it was serviced, as I live a considerable distance away, and when I picked it up I went straight to add in more fuel, to get home. Only to find I am unable to get the nozzle in. I go straight back to the service centre and say WTF it was fine before you guys worked on it.

the zb capless fill point has 2 flaps that prevent the fuel coming out, you have one that you see on the outside but about 2 inches in there is a second one and if that one gets damaged it will prevent you being able to push the pump nozzle in.
the second flap should not get damaged with normal use but one way it will get damaged is if a hose is inserted to siphon fuel, this flap can bind on the hose when removed and bend it causing it not to open properly blocking the pump nozzle.

get a torch and open the top flap and look down it to see if that second flap is closed or bent sideways etc, use a bit of wire and push on it to see if it is opening and springing back correctly.

Rudimentals

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB 2018 Commodor
I think you went to a highflow only bowser if the fitting wouldn't fit in your tank? Ring the mechanic as say "it was fine before you guys worked on it", they will tell you to find a new mechanic.
As far as I can tell its a bit further in than the opening, and nope it wasnt the highflow bowser :(
the zb capless fill point has 2 flaps that prevent the fuel coming out, you have one that you see on the outside but about 2 inches in there is a second one and if that one gets damaged it will prevent you being able to push the pump nozzle in.
the second flap should not get damaged with normal use but one way it will get damaged is if a hose is inserted to siphon fuel, this flap can bind on the hose when removed and bend it causing it not to open properly blocking the pump nozzle.

get a torch and open the top flap and look down it to see if that second flap is closed or bent sideways etc, use a bit of wire and push on it to see if it is opening and springing back correctly.
Yes its this 2nd flap, and past it the tube/pipe kinda has movement.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Yes its this 2nd flap, and past it the tube/pipe kinda has movement.

it should open completely when you push against it with something.

i am not sure how they would have caused this issue unless they needed to remove the tank for some reason.

Rudimentals

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB 2018 Commodor
it should open completely when you push against it with something.

i am not sure how they would have caused this issue unless they needed to remove the tank for some reason.
Then it is likely just a “weird coincidence” ... thanks for taking the time to explain it to me - appreciated.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Then it is likely just a “weird coincidence” ... thanks for taking the time to explain it to me - appreciated.
i have trouble believing in coincidences, if there was nothing wrong before they had the vehicle and straight after they worked on it the issue appeared then i would be putting the blame on them too.

they are always going to claim they didnt do it even if they know they did, people these days are full of sh!t and not willing to own their mistakes.

Rudimentals

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB 2018 Commodor
i have trouble believing in coincidences, if there was nothing wrong before they had the vehicle and straight after they worked on it the issue appeared then i would be putting the blame on them too.

they are always going to claim they didnt do it even if they know they did, people these days are full of sh!t and not willing to own their mistakes.
As far as I know and to the limit of my understanding (after lots of reading, googling and this forum) the jobs they did - timing chain and replacing the DPF does not involve the fuel tank or the fuel input area. Just feeling a bit overwhelmed with having to pay $5500 in the first 2 weeks of owning the car.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Did they add some kind of fuel additive dpf cleaner injector cleaner type thing when doing the service?