Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB 2018 Commodore diesel DPF replacement - now cant fill with fuel

Rudimentals

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB 2018 Commodor
Just bought a ZB 2018 Commodore diesel. It's done about 240,000Ks I knew I was looking at getting the timing belt (and service) done, at around $1500. Literally on my way to drop it off for service the engine light came on. They said it needed the Diesel Particulate filter. Ok so we got that done, the part was over $3k the service ended up costing $5300.

I needed to add fuel to get it to the service center before it was serviced, as I live a considerable distance away, and when I picked it up I went straight to add in more fuel, to get home. Only to find I am unable to get the nozzle in. I go straight back to the service centre and say WTF it was fine before you guys worked on it.

I now have to use a couple of bits of wire and a funnel to fill up with fuel. They couldn’t tell me what was the issue, I have to bring it back for them to inspect it.

They deny any accountability saying it’s a “weird coincidence”. I don’t know what's going on, and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to find out if during the service could they have accidentally done ‘something’ ?

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
WTF it was fine before you guys worked on it
Another one of those people? Do you think they swapped out a part of your fuel inlet. Did they touch that part of the car or was it like it when you got it? Working on such a car all ways gets mechanics a bad name.

Rudimentals

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB 2018 Commodor
Another one of those people? Do you think they swapped out a part of your fuel inlet. Did they touch that part of the car or was it like it when you got it? Working on such a car all ways gets mechanics a bad name.
Maybe you haven't had your morning coffee.

I was asking if there was a chance that during the service/work carried out, could something have happened. I am NOT a mechanic I don't have a clue, I acknowledge that. I don't know if the parts/work/service that was done is anywhere near the now faulty part. That was my question!

All I know is that something that worked before - now doesn't work after. I am trying to educate myself not point fingers (yet).

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
I think you went to a highflow only bowser if the fitting wouldn't fit in your tank? Ring the mechanic and say "it was fine before you guys worked on it", they will tell you to find a new mechanic.

Last edited:

Wayno73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS
Was that a standard (passenger) or hi-flow (truck) nozzle you tried to fill with? I think they are a different size. I have not used hi-flow pumps for a while as they are usually too greasy. Not sure how the ZB filler is set up.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I think you went to a highflow only bowser if the fitting wouldn't fit in your tank? Ring the mechanic and say "it was fine before you guys worked on it", they will tell you to find a new mechanic.
Yes I agree, the high-flow diesel nozzle is bigger and won't fit down the neck of most standard car fuel tanks.

Wayno73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS
Oh what a feeling hey...

Lux.jpg