Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff gears ? Alloytec 190

ozirisxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 vz sv6
Just wondering if anyone has put diff gears In the 190 I've had a look around the forum and haven't found to much on the subject, I have a 190kw auto and was wondering if anyone could tell me the gains they experienced from what gears they used, I was thinking going 3.46 but just want to know if it's a waste of money or not.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Auto 3.7
Manual 3.9

You will notice a massive gain in the responsiveness of the vehicle. Being a v6 prob one of the best mods you could do.

However with the extra responsiveness u then encounter higher revs on the freeway, which isn't that much to worry about.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Auto 3.7
Manual 3.9

You will notice a massive gain in the responsiveness of the vehicle. Being a v6 prob one of the best mods you could do.

However with the extra responsiveness u then encounter higher revs on the freeway, which isn't that much to worry about.

Yeah have to agree there. I put 3.7 s in my vp when it was still an auto. Had a heaps better take off compared to the 3.07's. Plus its always good to have an LSD. Reved at about 2100rpm on the freeway.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Even the 3.45 would be a big improvement in the VZ SV6. With its 2.87 final drive ratio, its a bit of a slug.

3.7 ratio will feel like a whole new car.

Doloth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
I put a 3.46 LSD in my 190 a while ago, definitely recommend it. However, make sure you get the computer recalibrated (esp. If you have an auto as the shift points will be wrong)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2