Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff Gears

thesanchez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CLUBSPORT
none of those...
3.7 would be my oppinion! its a happy medium

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
auto or manual? 4.11s are generally too short for a daily driver auto, 3.9s are supposedly a good compromise on performance improvement and fuel economy. For manuals, I've heard 4.11s and even 3.9s are too short, you'll hate driving a daily with them judging by what I've heard.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Do you do a lot of highway driving? 70% of my trip to work is highway, so I only got 3.45s.

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
well i got 3.9's in my diff and it revs around 2400rpm on the freeway. thats with a auto.i got a mate with a vx manaul with the getrad which they come out with and he has 3.7's and his is nice on the freeway and nice to change gears in as u arent changing as quickly as with 3.9's.

JOK3R

Reaction score
workshop, shed, neighbours shed, backyard, someone
Members Ride
VY S Series 2
i got 3.73 gears, on hiway it sits about 2200,2400 rpm. They do pull when you flatten the foot and its an awesome feeling. I only take my car out on the weekends and during the week i forget how it feels when i sink the foot. Its an awesome feeling.

As of now mines getting ready for drags so before i got my diff built i researched what would be a good ratio to get.

psivyv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportswagon!!!
im still undice on diff gears i have a supercharger vyv 6 ute and its manual running 3.46lsd at the moment its hard to get traction in first gear but being a gentifugal charger i think lower gears will make it alot more fun in 2nd and 3rd it revs at approx 2,400rpm at 100 im not sure wheather to go 3.9 or 3.7s's and im also not sure if u even notice the diff much between 3.46 and 3.7? i do drive the ute everyday but no that many long highway trips

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
I got 3.45 in my L67 and still get better than stock economy on the highway after i had it tuned.
But in saying that a bloke down south has 3.9 in his VT L67 (that runs 10.7sec) and he gets 900km to a tank.