Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Digital Speedo

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
I know this has been covered before, Iv'e read everything I can find on it...

I just want to know though, does anybody with a Berlina/Calais VY have the digital speedo activated? Cos according to all the other threads on here about it, Holden can just activate it with their Tech2 thing and you are no worries...
I'm assuming that this is with Execs etc (Single windows cluster). But with the triple window cluster which is in Calais/Berlina, I don't know if they can do it? I just went down to Holden and the woman told me that it costs thousands of dollars by adding sensors, new 'upgraded' cluster, and thats its not worth doing because I lose 90% of the trip computer functions. Personally I think this is a load of bulls*** because according to everybody else that has had it done, it just removes your speed alert. But then again, I could be wrong :p

Anyway, if somebody that has a Calais or Berlina with digital speedo let me know if it is possible, that would be great. Not that it is reallllly a life changing thing to have lol.

Cheers,
Ben.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Thats a load of crap what that person has told you.
Mate, its possible! Take it back & tell them what you want done, it can be done there just making life difficult for you.

MagiTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S
seconded.

Pure crap. the digital speedo does replace another function ( i choose overspeed, cause i find it useless) and on the 3 window displays, the 2 small ones are blank anyway with digital speedo. So you definately dont need a new speedo to do it.

On top of that. I have bought a calais speedo.. and it was only ~$500. plus another ~$150 to get it fitted and fixed. No new sensors or any bs like that.

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
Yeah cheers guys, as I thought. I did say to the woman that she is full of BS, because when you go into that 'diagnostic mode', you can clearly see your current speed (although it is about as small as this text on here). So the car definitely knows how fast its going.

And yeah, thats what I wanted to know also. Obviously on the single window, you lose overspeed for speedo. But on the triple window, you have two blank screens and the big middle one is the speedo? Is this correct?

Anyway, I will go to another dealer tomorrow. Cos obviously it can be done but as I thought, this particular mob are just being tossers. And shes going on about losing almost every function on the computer. She used the word 95% which indicates everything but the speedo itself haha!

Michael_123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2 5.7l
I dont see why they just didnt make the speedos do it from the start?

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Yeah cheers guys, as I thought. I did say to the woman that she is full of BS, because when you go into that 'diagnostic mode', you can clearly see your current speed (although it is about as small as this text on here). So the car definitely knows how fast its going.

And yeah, thats what I wanted to know also. Obviously on the single window, you lose overspeed for speedo. But on the triple window, you have two blank screens and the big middle one is the speedo? Is this correct?

Anyway, I will go to another dealer tomorrow. Cos obviously it can be done but as I thought, this particular mob are just being tossers. And shes going on about losing almost every function on the computer. She used the word 95% which indicates everything but the speedo itself haha!

Thats correct, the middle window has a large speed digital readout , you still have your gear lever selection showing but you lose the radio station indication in the middle window. Both side windows are blank in the digital speedo mode , but function in all other modes except you dont have the Speed Alert chime at all anymore. My Qld local dealer did mine for $66 (called it a "Diagnostic Interogation" as the service charge, I had to leave the vehicle for half a day but I believe it takes about 1 minute to do if the technician knows his Tech 2 & can get to the service page quickly. (Best 66 bucks I have ever spent):idea3:

M100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim wagon
Hey mate do u lose the radio station indication for good?

MagiTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S
No. only on the digital speedo 'mode'. the radio indication works fine in every other mode

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
mine was done free of charge by Holden, police mode they call it as it has a trap speed function!