Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
If you could see the actual panel it looks alot different from the side, There isnt a full coverage yet so the shine and coloring will only get better and brighter.

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
Still haven't been able to get my hands on the photo's yet, though starting on the opposite side of the car im im trying to do much lighter coats to see if there is much difference at 3-4coat level.. let you know how it goes. Just a question what do you do with the rollers at the end of the day? At the moment I have just been taking it off the roller and putting it into the paint box before sealing and reusing then replacing the roller every 3 days, to save money but... i wonder if that would cause any issues?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
I just use em and throw em out, pack of 10 for like 14 bucks. I did reuse some on the first coat but was way to much stuffing around.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Questions:

1. How do you tackle bumpers, same thing? Smaller rollers? Any advice? (Fibre + plastic)
2. How do you handle smaller grooves etc, like the lip on the roof? just use a smaller roller?
3. I suppose you are limited to the color selection on the website, they dont do custom mixes?

aZk.

wilso

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon
Questions:
1. How do you tackle bumpers, same thing? Smaller rollers? Any advice? (Fibre + plastic)
2. How do you handle smaller grooves etc, like the lip on the roof? just use a smaller roller?
3. I suppose you are limited to the color selection on the website, they dont do custom mixes?
aZk.

1. I painted my bumpers the same way, but used plastic spray primer first. Oneday I may actually sand the bumpers back and repaint as the plastic has a texture to it and you can still see it once painted.
2. I bought some foam brushes from an art shop, they vary in size from half an inch to 2 inchs, I used these for the door jams too.
3. Yeah they are they only colours however you can mix your own colour, just make sure you only use the same brand stuff....

The other photo's on here are looking great guys, well done, be good to see some other cars once fully painted! :thumbsup:

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
we've one coat left to do, were gonna do it last week but paint went hard so we gotta go get another 500ml to finish it off

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
fraid not as my mate got a new car so weve been doing work on that rather than the vn, will get pics once the final coat is on.

CalaisJohn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais S2
Wilso! - my neighbour threatened a quick call to the EPA if he hears my compressor fire up - you gave me the perfect way to bend him over! oh man i'm so gonna enjoy this hahaha Touche ~ great work!