Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do Holden Utes drive differently to regular Commodores?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'm aware the VT/VZ had a different rear suspension set up compared to the VE/VF's

Personally I am a fan of the VE/VF set up, rather than the VT/VZ one

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
How about the VT-VZ generation?
I owned a vt clubsport and a vz r8. The vt with vx gts brakes was better at braking due to better brake pads, (remsa). Don't have comparison with the corresponding utes as I have never owned one or driven one.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Yea, about that - Holden confused the bejaysus out of me with their "Holden Ute" & "Commodore Ute" nomenclature and series sequencing after the VS (2nd gen).

There are no VT utes, as such. The VS ute was available until the VT Commodore sedan series was replaced by the VX. The VS utes were replaced by VU utes which have VX Commodore (sedan) components, and were in turn superseded two years later by the VY ute (and Holden got back to the normality of having all utes and sedans with matching series designations).

"Unlike in the case of its other new generation platforms, which saw Holden release a untility version concurrent to other mainstream body shapes, a VT utility version was never developed. Instead, Holden continued to sell the VS utility version until December 2000, at which time the Holden Ute (VU) was released"

"The VU replaced the VS Utility. The VU's arrival was 36 months after the VT Commodore sedan, meaning it arrived in time for the launch of the VX Commodore."

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yea, about that - Holden confused the bejaysus out of me with their "Holden Ute" & "Commodore Ute" nomenclature and series sequencing after the VS (2nd gen).

There are no VT utes, as such. The VS ute was available until the VT Commodore sedan series was replaced by the VX. The VS utes were replaced by VU utes which have VX Commodore (sedan) components, and were in turn superseded two years later by the VY ute (and Holden got back to the normality of having all utes and sedans with matching series designations).

"Unlike in the case of its other new generation platforms, which saw Holden release a untility version concurrent to other mainstream body shapes, a VT utility version was never developed. Instead, Holden continued to sell the VS utility version until December 2000, at which time the Holden Ute (VU) was released"

"The VU replaced the VS Utility. The VU's arrival was 36 months after the VT Commodore sedan, meaning it arrived in time for the launch of the VX Commodore."

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

Then there was VG ute produced through part of VN run and before that HZ which continued into VB/VC followed by WB which ran through VC/VH and part of VK.

They did have form.