Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do You DUI?

Do You DUI?

• Never

Votes: 65 77.4%
  • Hardly Ever (1,2 times a year)

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Sometimes (Once a month or there bouts)

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Regulary (weekly)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Only when im a little bit over the limit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
Was chatting with mates over the weekend and the topic of DUI came up.
I was shocked at how many of my mates do it. Proberly at least half of my mates reguraly DUI. Obviously there not driving legless but over the limit is over the limit. I also asked people i work with, the boys at my cricket with very simlar results. I can't believe people take the risk, one you endanger yourself, other road user, loosing your licence, no insurance etc.
I was wondering what's everyones thoughts on this, have you found similar numbers of DUI drivers withn your mates?
Iv also incuded a pole... intresting to see what the JC community results are.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I doubt this thread will stay open but anyway.

I NEVER drive under the influence, and if ive had a few the night before I wont drive the next day. I have driven after a couple on the farm, going from the shed to the house, put me off doing it for life on the road. Everything just seemed fun, like a giant video game and i wasnt even being stupid.

BUT like you Im shocked to hear about my mates drinking and driving regularly. Speaking to one mate who was telling us about his burnouts when ****ed, boy did we shoot him down quickly. But also mates have photos on myspace of their rolled cars (how they walked away i have no idea) but its like a competition or something, its ****ing disgusting.... Also find women are the worst in the younger age group.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i have mates who do it all the time and i hate it. i dont do it because its dangerous full stop. nobody likes drink drivers :)

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
P plater so no way id risk it. even if i wasnt its stupid

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Im what you could call a non drinker as what i do drink is not really worth mentioning its so minimal.
I have driven once about 12 years ago after i had had a drink.I was drinking with the intention of staying over but somebody i was with became sick and wanted to go home so i waited for about an hour and a half before i drove home.I dont know if it was the drink or that i was really tired but im sure looking back that i shouldnt have been driving.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
i agree, young woman are probs the worst offenders, in saying that men arn't great but woman deff worse. They must just think they wont get caught. Even my mates with nice cars VY Clubby, BMW M 328i, VY SS, VE SS still do it. If you love cars, love driving then why would you put yourself, your car and others at risk. Cabs arn't that expensive, imo its just arogent.

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I don't drink alcohol, therefore I don't DUI.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
DUI is also Dialling Under The Influence as well isn't it

I think that's something a lot of us have been guilty of before.... :p:D

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I moved my car once, after practically sculling a bottle of jim beam black. Woke up the next morning and it was parked between two cars on an angle I couldn't have got it on sober. That was enough to scare me into never doing it again.
That said I also lost my licence for driving the morning after, even though I wasn't 100% sure I was .00. Turns out I was .04.
Now I got myself a breatho to make sure I'm ok to drive

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Never have, but know plenty of oxygen thieves that do. I very rarely drink, maybe once every few years but I had a big one on Saturday for my birthday (lost count after 25 shots lol) anyway its Monday now and I still didn't want to drive incase I still had traces of it in my blood.