Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you really have to turn the radio on to make a phone call or listen to the ipod?

Madivad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY11 Sedan
I don't quite get it. I got into the car, and as I pulled away I wanted to call someone. I'm pressing the "phone" button on my steering wheel. No go. I press the phone button near the main display, still no go. I then turn the radio on, listen to music for the next umpteen seconds while I try and place a call. Why don't these buttons simply turn the IQ system on and place it into phone mode? Is there a work around I am missing?

Also, When I use my ipod/iphone, and I unplug it, I don't want to hear the radio. If I want the radio, I would select it, why does the system insist that the radio is the integral part of everything I want to do? I have shitty radio where I am, and simply, tI could do without the hissing and crappy coverage I get. Is there someway of disabling the radio so that it is not the "default" audio device? If I must, I'll unplug something, but then it makes it a bugger when I'm somewhere and WANT to listen to the radio :(

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Put a cd in if you don't want to hear the radio. Automatically goes to cd when i unplug my ipod.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
If you're using the AUX input, don't unplug the cord from the head unit.

Unplug the iPod/iPhone from the cord.

Leave the cord in.

Hey Presto!

eggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
If you're using the AUX input, don't unplug the cord from the head unit.

Unplug the iPod/iPhone from the cord.

Leave the cord in.

Hey Presto!

I leave my iPhone cord in 24/7 and when I unplug it always reverts to radio or my kids wiggles cd, depending on what was last on. I use the USB though maybe that's the difference.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
I leave my iPhone cord in 24/7 and when I unplug it always reverts to radio or my kids wiggles cd, depending on what was last on. I use the USB though maybe that's the difference.

Sorry I can't help you.

Is it really that big of a deal? Just use the scroll wheel on the steering wheel to change it. Takes 2 seconds...:boxing:

eggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Or wait till you've turned the ignition off and opened the door before you disconnect it?

Madivad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY11 Sedan
I'm using the ipod input under the console. If I was using that before a phone call then it goes back to that.

When I unplug the ipod (from the cable, not the USB input—I leave the usb cable in there) it still goes back to the radio.

I might make a cd with a single silent track and store it in the unit, that way when I turn it on, it'll be a choice to go to radio if I want to.

It's not a BIG deal, it's just annoying hearing a staticy radio station for any length of time.

Madivad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY11 Sedan
Or wait till you've turned the ignition off and opened the door before you disconnect it?
Yeah, that might work, but then you'd have to make sure you plug the ipod/phone into the usb cable BEFORE turning the ignition on... I'll give the silent track a go, that should do the trick