Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving a VE

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I sure hope your joking right? Since when does anyone use external mirrors to check a blind spot?

Been a few years between driving lessons I'm guessing? I was taught and still use to this day the MIS approach (Mirror, indicator, shoulder).

Wikipedia said:
Blind spot (automobile), areas of the road that cannot be seen while looking forward or through either the rear-view or side mirrors in an automobile

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I sure hope your joking right? Since when does anyone use external mirrors to check a blind spot?

Been a few years between driving lessons I'm guessing? I was taught and still use to this day the MIS approach (Mirror, indicator, shoulder).

It's all in your mind. The VE the pillars have zero impact on limiting visibility on CSP's car. He seems to have either x-ray vision or the very limited edition transparent version of the car. :p

Reaper

tigerpm7

Gotta love the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Executive MY06
How is the b-pillar in your line of site when checking the blind spot? Use your exterior mirrors - it's what they're for!

lol :rofl: You must really love the car to bits buddy. We are just putting forward our views on the car. Everyone is different, right. To tell someone to use the exterior mirrors to check a blind spot is just crazy :eek:. I'd love to know how many cars you've swipped or at least got close too. (i'm sure you'll reply with never) Purchase a learners booklet and have a read. Anyway even if I was silly enough to use the exterior mirrors to check my blind spot, the door handles get in the way. That's for me anyway. I just hope the door handles are recessed in the future. Darren is spot on the money with his reply.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
How is the b-pillar in your line of site when checking the blind spot? Use your exterior mirrors - it's what they're for!

You do know what a blind spot is right? You don't use mirrors for a blind spot check mate, the blind spot check is to check anything that your mirrors can't see.

How did you pass your driving test?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
You do know what a blind spot is right? You don't use mirrors for a blind spot check mate, the blind spot check is to check anything that your mirrors can't see.

How did you pass your driving test?

yes, but if you have you mirrors 'adjusted properly' you dont need to look over your shoulder lol, im having a stab here not being serious

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
i agree with csp to an extent but i do both, use my mirrors and the shoulders, i don't need to have my mirrors so i can see the entire side of my car so they point outward more to reduce my blind spot

and yes darren , the vz's still allow water in when you use the washer jets if your windows are down

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the vz's still allow water in when you use the washer jets if your windows are down

i really hate that, or you go to get out of your car, and its pouring rain and a snowballing effect water bubble off the roof comes down and lands on you as you get in or out, ive had that a couple of times

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Believe what you like... I can see a car behind my car with the interior rear view mirror. When a car is no longer visible in that mirror, I can see it in one of my exterior mirrors (depending on which side of the car obviously) and when it's no longer in one of those mirrors, I can see it out the side window.

My point is, there shouldn't be a "blind spot" from the b-pillar to the c-pillar if you set your exterior mirrors CORRECTLY. If people can't set their mirrors correctly, I'm happy to help. Otherwise, I really don't care :)

For the record, passed my test first go.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Cousin Slow Poke said:
My point is, there shouldn't be a "blind spot" from the b-pillar to the c-pillar if you set your exterior mirrors CORRECTLY. If people can't set their mirrors correctly, I'm happy to help. Otherwise, I really don't care :)

Well I am all ears, I can't wait to hear this one, I could understand this if you had eyes in the side of your head but I doubt this is the case, then again.... :whistling

The attached image sums it up nicely I think.

If 1 person could setup their mirrors correctly it's funny how it hasn't filtered through to the rest of society isn't it?

Cousin Slow Poke said:
For the record, passed my test first go.

With the worst possible insurance rating due to not checking that mysterious blind spot.

Attachments

• Blind_spot.JPG
    Blind_spot.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 223