Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DRL dimmed with headlights on (How to Guide)

moriati

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s
No problem happy to help for the dimming to work your DRL must be at least 6watt each

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
No problem happy to help for the dimming to work your DRL must be at least 6watt each
Well to be honest I haven't checked, I will when I get home, hopefully the VF2 DRL are

DomSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Wagon
On the wiring diagrams that people have created, I see another Relay loom attached to the white wire. Is this still needed or can the white wire be directly spliced into the parker positive?

Gawba

Reaction score
Members Ride
CaliasV
Just too creep in.. But has anyone had any issues what so ever with this Mod?? In regards with the Police question them?
I have this exact set up and find myself getting flashed by on coming cars.
I'm running 6000k HID's as well as the DRL mod.. I guess I'm just a little paranoid about the Police pulling me over.

Attachments

• holden.jpg
    holden.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 309
  • holdenc.jpg
    holdenc.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 319

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
I've been through numerous booze buses in Melbourne and not once have any police members said anything to me. I'm still using normal headlight bulbs (Philips Crystal Vision) though and my DRL's dim to 50% when headlight/parkers are on.
Maybe your 6000k HIDs are too bright and that's why your getting flashed.

Gawba

Reaction score
Members Ride
CaliasV
The DRL definitely dims, but I'm not sure how much.. I think down to 70%. I purchased it off G-Unit Customs. I may look into changing my lights. How do thePhillips crystal visions perform?

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Haven't tried other bulbs so can only compare to stock bulbs. The crystal vision low beam bulbs perform better then the standard bulbs IMO. Have a look on page 5, I posted a video of my lights with the upgraded bulbs and dimmed DRLs.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I have crystal vision too for low beam and have been pulled over in a booze bus and the police haven't said anything. The Crystal Visions look like the Caprice lights. White light rather than yellow. Parkers are now also white.

Gawba

Reaction score
Members Ride
CaliasV
I might look into buying some. I just feel with the HID's they attract too much attention and I would hate to be defected for everything.
Do you also have the DRL mod?

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
I've been through numerous booze buses in Melbourne and not once have any police members said anything to me. I'm still using normal headlight bulbs (Philips Crystal Vision) though and my DRL's dim to 50% when headlight/parkers are on.
Maybe your 6000k HIDs are too bright and that's why your getting flashed.
More than likely