Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DRL dimmed with headlights on (How to Guide)

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Yes their is but you can't see them when installed.
where did you buy the phillips globes from and what price and what type do you need to buy? do your DRL dim or not really?

Im keen on them but dont want such bright ligh that it annoys other drivers or gets attention of the popo.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Supercoach. I bought the low beam headlight globes from Bursons as I get discount from them as I work in automotive industry. H7 from memory, Philips Crystal Vision, and they have replacement parker globes to match the low beam globe look. Ebay, supercheap, bursons sell phillips. U can also try powerbulbs.com, they have discount at the moment. Ships from UK but arrives quickly. I bought some Silver Vision indicator globes from them.

The DRL Dimmer module I bought off ebay Dim the DRL's by 50%. Not annoying at all. Similar to the euro's. At $19, I bought a spare too. Even at 50% dimmed, they still add light to the front and side.. I really love this mod.

Not all DRL dimmer modules are the same, so can only comment on the one I purchased.

Last edited:

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercoach. I bought the low beam headlight globes from Bursons as I get discount from them as I work in automotive industry. H7 from memory, Philips Crystal Vision, and they have replacement parker globes to match the low beam globe look. Ebay, supercheap, bursons sell phillips. U can also try powerbulbs.com, they have discount at the moment. Ships from UK but arrives quickly. I bought some Silver Vision indicator globes from them.

The DRL Dimmer module I bought off ebay Dim the DRL's by 50%. Not annoying at all. Similar to the euro's. At $19, I bought a spare too. Even at 50% dimmed, they still add light to the front and side.. I really love this mod.

Not all DRL dimmer modules are the same, so can only comment on the one I purchased.
Thanks mate for the info, I will look into it.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
G-Unit Custom.

moriati

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s
The harness i use is very basic easy to connect red wire to batt positive black to batt negative and drls red wires positive to harness red positive and black negative wires from drl to black negative on harness so the harness hass 2 red wires and 2 black wires you can tell witch are for the battery and for drl. you connect both left and right positive from drl together then connect them to the positive red on the harness same with the black negative wires from the drl. very cheap on ebay about $4.25. and a white wire that you connect to you parker positive and when you turn your parkers on the drl will dimm 40% .and thats it .Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/292059550255

Last edited:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The harness i use is very basic easy to connect red wire to batt positive black to batt negative and drls red wires positive to harness red positive and black negative wires from drl to black negative on harness so the harness hass 2 red wires and 2 black wires you can tell witch are for the battery and for drl. you connect both left and right positive from drl together then connect them to the positive red on the harness same with the black negative wires from the drl. very cheap on ebay about $4.25. and a white wire that you connect to you parker positive and when you turn your parkers on the drl will dimm 40% .and thats it .Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/292059550255
So do you think this harness is better than the one you have to cut the DRL wires which control the lights. This kit seems to only send a 6 volt signal when the headlamps are on and does nothing when the headlights are off. The car runs the DRL's during the day.

moriati

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s
When you start your car the DRL come on automatically and i have connected the white wire to my parker positive wire so when i switch my parkers on they dim by 40% and when i switch my car of they go out when the voltage drops to 13 volts if you want to connect the white wire to your headlight positive they will dim when you switch your headlights on not when you switch your parkers on. And yes they come on during the day full power only dim at night when you switch your lights on or when ever you switch your lights on .

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
When you start your car the DRL come on automatically and i have connected the white wire to my parker positive wire so when i switch my parkers on they dim by 40% and when i switch my car of they go out when the voltage drops to 13 volts if you want to connect the white wire to your headlight positive they will dim when you switch your headlights on not when you switch your parkers on. And yes they come on during the day full power only dim at night when you switch your lights on or when ever you switch your lights on .
Sounds like the ticket and easy to fit, just ordered 2, cheers