Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drug tests

Should people on welfare be forced to take drug and alcohol tests on request to colle

• Total voters

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
Im all for it!! but the problem with people like this is that once they get caught out they would get kicked of the dole and then most likely end up robbing someone:shooting: who works for a living to support there habit:( although if they where caught out i spose they could always get sent up to rehab in order for there payments to continue:)

Why in hell would we wanna un up like America the scumiest place on Earth..... I voted no. I was on the dole for years after I left school, tryna get a job. Taxes pay for more things than peoples dole check....
Just recently John Howard and his party, after losing the campaign spent $1500 on a luncheon... That was tax payers money... Stop your b!tching. If you were unemployed I bet ud be saying its an invasion of privacy. Of course ur gona say ud be happy for them to test you here on the forums, but when it came time to do it every 2 weeks ud be complaining.

vtdemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina / HT Sedan (project)
Yes, I voted yes. But not all the time it would be too time consuming and a massive waste of taxpayer dollars testing everyone all the time. Make it like a random one, a little bit like the way they do it in professional sports.

I work pretty hard for a ****ty apprentice wage, even with a few hours overtime, so I don't like the idea of someone getting a share of (even though my wage's tax is a **** in the ocean) my tax $$$ if they're using it for drugs.

I agree with whoever suggested using food vouchers etc.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'm more against this then for it, I know some welfare people look nothing short of drug abusers.
But there are many out there that are not and shouldn't be punished for them.
My sister is on welfare with 5 kids 2 just arrived, And she was on prescribed drugs towards the end of her pregnancy such as Steroid injections.

Her BF was injured during a cricket match, He lost his job and had to go onto welfare for a full shoulder reconstruction, He had many prescribed drugs in his system for the first few weeks. He is just waiting for full recovery to re enter the work force.

Mate, their is a difference between prescribed meds and illicit drugs, both of which can be differentiated between in a drug test. No one has issues with this. It is illegal drugs and alcohol where my issues lie.

Why in hell would we wanna un up like America the scumiest place on Earth..... I voted no. I was on the dole for years after I left school, tryna get a job. Taxes pay for more things than peoples dole check....
Just recently John Howard and his party, after losing the campaign spent $1500 on a luncheon... That was tax payers money... Stop your b!tching. If you were unemployed I bet ud be saying its an invasion of privacy. Of course ur gona say ud be happy for them to test you here on the forums, but when it came time to do it every 2 weeks ud be complaining.

WOW, $1500 for a luncheon...how about the billions we give to aboriginals for welfare and the billions we that we handover to unemployed people each year?
I have no issue with random drug tests, I did it for 6 years, the only reason people bitch is because usually they have something to hide. Maybe it would get some of the bludgers off their ass and into jobs, won't happen fro as long as we pay them too much.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Mate, their is a difference between prescribed meds and illicit drugs, both of which can be differentiated between in a drug test. No one has issues with this. It is illegal drugs and alcohol where my issues lie.
Yes your right.

But with Alcohol that's a person choice, I'm total against alcohol period, But that's me i can't tell people or make them not drink, It's really up to them to choose.
My mums old boss was head of security at the herald & weekly times back in the early 90's. He was a alcoholic. Abusers are everywhere and anyone.
My step father was also an alcoholic and he ran slades soft drinks:eek:. **** pot used to drink on the job and almost in his sleep.

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
My mum was a alcoholic and worked at St John Ambulance answering 000 calls :D

Perhaps tougher laws as well? Rehab, education, etc etc.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I voted yes.

I have been screened for every job I have been offered, and get it every time I set foot on a new mine site.

If some welfare recipients want a free ride courtesy of the tax payers, then much stricter conditions should be imposed.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec

And how many drug tests have you had in the last couple of years.

sudoephedrine in speed and in cold and flu medicine comes up the same on a drug test as methamphetamines

codine has the same chemical make up as heroin so if you take pain killers this will show up the same as heroin.

Anti depresants also give an unclear reading.

And what happens if someone has cold and flu medicine and gets a negative reading. They would be cut off and anyone who has had the pleasure of dealing with centrelink will know there is no such this a complaints process.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
And how many drug tests have you had in the last couple of years.

sudoephedrine in speed and in cold and flu medicine comes up the same on a drug test as methamphetamines

codine has the same chemical make up as heroin so if you take pain killers this will show up the same as heroin.

Anti depresants also give an unclear reading.

And what happens if someone has cold and flu medicine and gets a negative reading. They would be cut off and anyone who has had the pleasure of dealing with centrelink will know there is no such this a complaints process.
So your saying that doctors doing a drug test don't know the differance between coke, herion, speed...panadine and codral?? lol

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I have a better idea, why do we need welfare payments? Why can't people get a job like everyone else?
I get ****ed off with unemployed people who think they are above certain jobs. I remember going to center link with my mate one time and seeing people who look like they were down to their last dollar applying for management, admin and accounts positions:whistling
Why don't we just draft the lot of them into the armed forces, council work, etc

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
I have a better idea, why do we need welfare payments? Why can't people get a job like everyone else?
I get ****ed off with unemployed people who think they are above certain jobs. I remember going to center link with my mate one time and seeing people who look like they were down to their last dollar applying for management, admin and accounts positions:whistling
Why don't we just draft the lot of them into the armed forces, council work, etc

Yea tell me about it, we sometimes get these scum looking people trying to apply for drafting jobs or surveying pos. yet they can't even bloody dress properly :bang: but as long as they try apparently thats good enough:bang: