Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eBay Performance Chip Q & A

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
Im just wondering what modifications you would need prior to putting on these ebay 'Performance Memcals' ?

Dont want to spend $150 on a chip thats not giving me the gains.

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
can anyone post a proper engine chip site or somethign i wonna get one for my vr.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
i think 1.9 to 1 roller rockers, extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust would be better ... at least then you know your getting more horses ... might be a bit pricey compared to 20 cent resistor but at least your engine will still run in tune.

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
ive got a mate here in melb offerd me one of his he is building up atm for $30 each he says he doesnt reallt want to make money he is just sick of almost bog stock cars around and just want s to trial and error b4 he jjacks trhe price and does it completly legit ill give my veiws on it once i get one and then if its good ill start a list to get them melb only thoughunless he wants to post

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
ive got a mate here in melb offerd me one of his he is building up atm for $30 each he says he doesnt reallt want to make money he is just sick of almost bog stock cars around and just want s to trial and error b4 he jjacks trhe price and does it completly legit ill give my veiws on it once i get one and then if its good ill start a list to get them melb only thoughunless he wants to post

:bang: a well tuned legitimate performance memcal for $30...
maybe theyre just copies of cop chips...
no further comment:bang:

y_sot

Reaction score
http://www.memcals.com/index.html

I would suggest thing guy here if you want a cheap performance chip. I have done some research and emailed the person. The memcal includes all the Holden computer fixes which improves power and torque. Also shift patterns and gear change hardness can be changed to a point ( i think that only works on VR and up.). If you have any other questions email him. Im in the process of getting one for my car

I also ran into someone which had 2 VR commodores. One had a PowerChip in it and another this memcal. He said that the memcal went alot better.