Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec dipstick????

Oldmate78

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VS 50th anniversary ute 5 speed
Hey guys,

I’m trying to fix up my sons Ute (98 vs 5sp) that decided running isn’t something it’s going to do today. Long story short I’ve swapped out the dfi and coil pack and it’s running again. My question is where the bloody hell does the dipstick bolt onto on an ecotec? It’s in the hole in the block all well and good but is nowhere near lining up with any of the exhaust manifold bolts. Can somebody please show me a close up picture where it bolts up because google is giving me nothing!!!

Cheers.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hey guys,

I’m trying to fix up my sons Ute (98 vs 5sp) that decided running isn’t something it’s going to do today. Long story short I’ve swapped out the dfi and coil pack and it’s running again. My question is where the bloody hell does the dipstick bolt onto on an ecotec? It’s in the hole in the block all well and good but is nowhere near lining up with any of the exhaust manifold bolts. Can somebody please show me a close up picture where it bolts up because google is giving me nothing!!!

Cheers.
Here's a couple of pics of it location.
20231211_174159[1].jpg
20231211_174341[1].jpg