Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec Motor going into a boat

4bait

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Does anyone know the flywheel part numbers for the VS Ecotec or how are they identifiable vissually?

I purchased a series 2, 8 bolt flywheel but do not know if it is Vr series 2 or VS series 2 etc.

how can you tell the difference by looking at them?

I don't really want to fit the whole thing in and find out that the boat vibrates like crazy

My flywheel part number is 92061852 if that helps

Have just stripped the motor down for the rebuild and will hopefull be fitting it in over the next few weeks

Also curious as to who in the South East of Melb can do a cam shaft grind, and at what sort of cost, Looking for low down grunt and rpm between 1000 upto about 4800rpm for it to be more boat freindly

Cheers Andy

4bait

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
just bumping this

Does anyone know the flywheel part numbers for the VS Ecotec or how are they identifiable vissually?

I purchased a series 2, 8 bolt flywheel but do not know if it is Vr series 2 or VS series 2 etc.

how can you tell the difference by looking at them?

I don't really want to fit the whole thing in and find out that the boat vibrates like crazy

My flywheel part number is 92061852 if that helps

Have just stripped the motor down for the rebuild and will hopefull be fitting it in over the next few weeks

Also curious as to who in the South East of Melb can do a cam shaft grind, and at what sort of cost, Looking for low down grunt and rpm between 1000 upto about 4800rpm for it to be more boat freindly

Cheers Andy

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
make sure there isnt a counterweight cast ito the back of the flywheel will tell you if its ecotec conterweight on buick

4bait

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
MMM I think ive sussed it out after many hours searching on here and elsewhare

Found a thread with these Flywheel part numbers
Vr 92061465
Vs 92061853

Mine is 92061852 one number different so close but no cigar, but makes me feel a little better since it is along way from the VR part number

then found a member on here who sold this VN to VR fly wheel on ebay because it vibrated in his VS.
(Funny thing is I remember biding on it at the time LOL)

this is the one he sold with a small weight built in to suit Vn to VR apparuntly
vrflywheel.jpg~original

And this is my one with the extra weight built in and a cut out so being different to the other one and having a close part number to the ones listed I think it may be the correct one?????? Heres hopeing

100_1943.jpg~original

Cheers Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

4bait

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
hillboy89 said:
Hey there mate,

First of all very interesting project you got going there! will be sure to keep an eye on the progress of it and im sure my old man would be more than interesting in it.

I still haven't managed to get my hand on the proper flywheel even tho the one i brought was that apparently was one but wasn't, but i could almost positively say that your in luck with the flywheel you have. Does not look like any of the Buick flywheel's iv seen as they all look similar to my one. Also the part number like you said is so close.. Although on that note i am not sure what the get-rag flywheel's are meant to look like as they were used in the series 2 vs's.

But, i was told no matter what flywheel balance i had to get it 'mirror balanced' to my vs automatic flex-plate.. im not sure if the motor you have, had one on it or was originally a manual but if it did, you'd be better off making sure and getting that done anyway.

Hope this half helps, Goodluck with the project and ill try assist with anything else you need.

p.s maybe copy this onto the post to help others? ..If it makes sense, bit tired

Thanks for your help it makes me feel a bit better now. I saw the one you sold and thought you may have the right one now and possibly be able to reconise mine.

I got the fly wheel for $200 delivered and the bloke just said it was a V6 series 2 fly wheel but didn't say what series it was LOL.

He did say it would fit COMMODORE VN VP VQ VR VS VT which I knew could not possibly be right (this was from a holden wrecker selling on ebay) but for the price I figured it was worth the gamble and would still be re-sellable if it was no good for my needs.

Cheers Andy

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
If you are going to cool this motor with see water make sure you got plenty of electrolysis blocks fitted.

4bait

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
If you are going to cool this motor with see water make sure you got plenty of electrolysis blocks fitted.

the motor is fresh water cooled with Glycol through a heat exchanger only the stainless steel manifolds will be salt water cooled.

Cheers Andy