Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec Problem Has Me Stumped

VXPL

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX S Pac Manual
I'll give the volts a look tomorrow, Its doubtful it would be the accelerator cable though as the problem only happens once, it's pings really bad then is fine and maybe gets a random ping or two for a second on the highway, and it doesn't do it again until the car has been turned off. Also it only happens when accelerating never at idle and only under load

D

devilly

that sounds like the vacuum line from under the throttle body to the back of engine.just grab another one from holden's should be $25 or cheaper :)

VXPL

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX S Pac Manual
I'll check it out and let you know how it goes, I've gotta drive down to the Gold Coast today so it should be a good test :)

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Read through all you're symptoms.

Try unbolting the wiring loom connection from the base of the DFI module and with a fine pointed pick, tighten the female side connections (especially any that seem ever so slightly more open than the rest).
Clean the connection with some electronics spray cleaner if you've got some and bolt it back tight.

Might just solve your problem for free.