Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotech starting problems

mitch85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Ok, so I've seemed to have fixed the problem.
I checked everything around the starting system, wires, earths etc etc. mostly what you guys have recommended. I didn't really find any issues. Again, I checked the battery - full charge, amps etc etc. Heres the thing: After buying a battery booster for my work van, I just so happened to have had it in the car when it refused to start whilst I was filling up with juice. :idea3: Thinking what the hell, I tried using the jump starter. Hey presto! It fired into life quite quickly. So, I again checked the battery when I got home, everything was normal. I pulled the battery out (it didn't have a colour indicator) and went down to the battery place who took a look at it. Well, she was a dud. Anyway, $155 lighter and a new battery....good as gold! :rockon:

What seemed a perfectly good, 6 month old battery turned out to be a p.o.s. If anyone has the same problem, try using a different battery. There are always duds out there!

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
That's good news.
Hope there was not a problem that caused your original battery to fail though.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
A battery load test would have spotted that.

What brand battery was it?

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
*Cringe*
I worked at Super Cheap for 3 and a bit years and to be honest, their batteries are worst than SuperForce.

About half of the ones I sold alone came back with a dropped cell or two. Cheap and utter crap.