Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

electrical issue

05red vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute
ok have a vy v8 one tonne ute, have just installed 2 thermos/oil coolers trans and engine oil cool . i had them wired up to the 2 15 amp ignition fuses located where the fuse box is under bonnet. both with there separate relays and auto circuit braker fuses.
ok so heres what happened , drove the car 2 klm to get fuel , on the way back home stopped at by bros place and the Auto cooler fan was running ( car still running ) all good thinking the temp sender now has cut in and now cooling auto , great . turned off the engine spent a little time with my bro. get back into the car wont start , no ign lights nothing interior lights wrk. so when i tried to crank it over and with no ign lights etc the indicators flashed on several times , just like when you put on your hazzard lights. thinking this is weird checked every fuse and every braker all good . disconnect the battery wait 10 min reconnect indicators flash several time again, but still nothing . so tow the car home very short distance from my bros to mine .
checked the key fob 3 volts battery is fine , check the car battery 13.8 volts new in dec all good there . is it possible something in the steering column area, electrical to do with the key is the issue . please if you have had a problem like this before please post up what you did
Auto lec is the last resort . have posted pic of how i wired the fans , 86 on relays goes to both 15 amp ign wires in the fuse box located under bonnet cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 132

05red vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute
Ok an update , have tested the ign barrel/switch all good there , and key fob well it only seams to work on unlock , no noise from under dash when you try to lock. also have no power to the ignition red wire, have given power to the ignition red wire via the battery, gives me dash lights gauges etc but wont start the engine , eventually blew the 7.5 amp fuse labeled ign . i cant believe there is no auto elecs on here. looks like its going to the auto elecs this week .