Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electrical Pre-voc

greenvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice SII
Anyone here done a prevoc in electrical/refrigeration. im about to start next year at tafe for 6 months. just want to know what im in for etc cheers

jet-6

Yer im that guy!
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SX6 ADVENTRA
Yep, wasted 6 months of my life, it in no way helped me get a job, nor did it save time in anyway at the later stage!

jet-6

Yer im that guy!
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SX6 ADVENTRA
Im in VIC, have been qualified for 7 years now, even after doing a 6 month Pre Vocational course within Tafe it helped in no way cutting back the 4 year time frame for my apprentiship, i would have been better of just starting my apprentiship the 6months earlier!

WK Woody

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 WK Caprice + VK berlina
My advice is start the prevoc but apply for apprenticeships while you do it. it might make it easier to get an apprenticeship because you've shown an interest in the field but there is no real advantage in finishing the prevoc except that you spend less of your 4 years at trade school which only save your boss money.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
Anyone here done a prevoc in electrical/refrigeration. im about to start next year at tafe for 6 months. just want to know what im in for etc cheers

yeah, it's a small taste of what you can expect when a apprentice, some of the subjects you will ask wtf am i doing studying this. some will plain bore you. either way, concentrate and dont be afraid to ask questions, drama with alot of the young fella's is they beleive the wrong thing, come time for trade test, you fail.

each state is different though. good luck and enjoy, you will reap the rewards when your finished.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
yeah mate i done it what state are you in yeah as garth said some will bore the **** out of u but serious pay attention and it does take time off that 6 months full time is the first year apprenticeship schoolinggggg so when u start your apprentice ship u will be still a first year but second year in schooling PAY ATTENTION seriously lol dont forget the old stuff and dont skip classes they will fail u