Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electronic Handbrake stuck on (VF) (FIXED)

Bazza0123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
My 2013 VF SV6 Commodore's Electronic Handbrake was stuck on this morning (orange handbrake light with the little wrench was on) and decided to start working when I got home tonight (orange light is off). Update: Orange warning light keeps flickering on and off so I guess I wont be using this brake anytime soon.
Any ideas what the cause/fix would be?
Car recently got hit by hail and has a small hole in the plastic under the windscreen.
Also the car has a "check left position lamp" message popping up on the dash occasionally, but all the lights seem normal.

Any help would be appreciated. Was trying to sell this car this week as a repairable writeoff (from the hail). $13k 135,000km's if anyone is interested :)
Edit: Fixed by releasing the EPB tension and reenabling.

Last edited:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Try the "Without Scan Tool - Optional Method" procedures for disabling and enabling the EPB adjustment.
May (or may not) solve your problem.

Attachments

• Parking Brake Cable Adjuster Disabling & Enabling.pdf
    365.1 KB · Views: 857
Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
And read this thread which lists the epb adjuster disable/enable procedure but goes into a few other causes of EPB engagement issues from memory :p

Last edited:

Bazza0123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Thank you so much @BlackVXGTS and @Skylarking. Releasing the tension and reenabling it fixed the issue and removed the warning light. Only variation was I had to hold down the EPB for 10 seconds instead of 5 for the orange light to start flashing.

Absolute legends.