Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine RPM will not go below 1100rpm in Drive

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
has the OTR been tuned in? else its revving high to compensate the for the huge air flow

V8 MAN NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Series 2 SSV
I had a very similar problem where once everything was warmed up the revs wouldnt go below 1000 rpm when slowing down, it ended up being the torque converter, I cant remember the exact problem but it fixed the issue.
I hope that is not the case as it sounds expensive :(

V8 MAN NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Series 2 SSV
has the OTR been tuned in? else its revving high to compensate the for the huge air flow
Yes, the OTR was tuned in 7 years ago when I had the OTR and cat backs fitted. never had a problem with the car until this current issue

V8 MAN NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Series 2 SSV
Please help. driving me nuts. Wellington NZ based
2012 VE series 2 L77 SSV Auto
130k km
OTR installed, with cat back exhaust and tune approx 7 years ago.

3 weeks ago out of the blue, the car developed the following issue.. When in Drive, the engine rpm always tries to stay at 1100rpm when I take my foot off the go pedal (as in it will not go lower by itself). In neutral or park it sits at 600rpm (normal). At the lights etc when coming to a stop, it will stay at 1100 rpm for a few seconds and then drop to 600. This means that around town I am constantly having to use the brakes to slow the car.
Since this has been happening, under advice, I have cleaned the throttle body and reoiled the OTR air filter, Reseated the sensor do-hickies around the air intake , checked for any fault codes using ODB 2 reader (there were none) and looked for any vacuum leaks. Nothing has worked.

Does anyone have any other ideas on what could be causing this or have seen it before.
Update on issue..
Turns out it was the PCV system. Had the valve and lines cleaned out and it now appears good as new. Holden technician said it it starts to happen again, then look at replacing the pcv valve. Until then am a happy happy again