Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ethics

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
My mate was going to buy a XR6 for $4 grand and the bloke said he would hold it for 2 days till it was ready to go, then when he called the bloke saying he would be round to pick it up in the arvo and give him the cash the guy said that he already sold it a few hours before.. now that aint right

Why not? The guy had probably been screwed before and saw the opportunity to sell his car. I know I'd sell something if the cash was sitting right in front of me rather than hold off for someone who might not come back.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I bought my S13 for $4,250 and put it on the net for $6,000 so when people haggle me down, I'm still on top lol, But when I was selling mine, this guy wanted to come back from the coast to look at it again, but only said he's pay me $3,500 for it, so I just told him to get ####ed. It's more courteous than ethical to ring people back and be like "Hey dude if you can beat this new offer of $1,700 you can have it" like people have said, save him coming back.

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE, HT MONARO REBUILD
Why not? The guy had probably been screwed before and saw the opportunity to sell his car. I know I'd sell something if the cash was sitting right in front of me rather than hold off for someone who might not come back.
when you put it like that it sounds fair enuff, except that he had already said that he would buy it and asked to hold it for 2 days untill he had all the money and background checked the car. then he sold it on him

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
when you put it like that it sounds fair enuff, except that he had already said that he would buy it and asked to hold it for 2 days untill he had all the money and background checked the car. then he sold it on him

Who gives a toss? If I sell something, it's to the first person that gives me what I want for it... People get screwed over because they let their feelings get in the way and feel bad for people.

Number 1 tip for life: THINK OF YOURSELF FIRST!!!

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
Who gives a toss? If I sell something, it's to the first person that gives me what I want for it... People get screwed over because they let their feelings get in the way and feel bad for people.

Number 1 tip for life: THINK OF YOURSELF FIRST!!!

wow, that sounded awesome, where you in die hard?

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
I got ####ed around selling my old car heaps of timewasters, no deposit? sell it to whoever brings you the cash 1st.

NV-MY-VT

Sleeper Builder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000 Olympic Edition
I agree in selling to whoever brings you the cash first.

However, something people have eluded to but haven't apparently been able to elaborate is that if you make a promise to someone, or tell someone something, it's simple good manners to stand by your word. If you had the forethought to inform them that you would sell the car if a better offer came along, then props to you, and thats what you should do. However, in this case, you probably didn't and there seems to be some unspoken agreement between your first buyer (inspector) and yourself.

I would say call him, let him know the situation, and see what he has to say.