Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EV’s “Zero emissions” ?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
When you drive an EV you have absolutely zero privacy too! And no it's not a conspiracy theory. I deal with EV's everyday(I won't say which manufacturer yet). They are connected to the network via their own sim card and record audio AND video and upload every drive back to your Chinese Overlords.
Constant firm/software updates that can make things worse ( think of a bad Windows update BSOD ). There are so many reasons i could say as to why not to buy them. But people are starting to catching on.
Made in China is the biggest reason not to buy anything...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Tesla is the same, been stories in the news about what they record and who has access to it.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
When you drive an EV you have absolutely zero privacy too! And no it's not a conspiracy theory. I deal with EV's everyday(I won't say which manufacturer yet). They are connected to the network via their own sim card and record audio AND video and upload every drive back to your Chinese Overlords.
Constant firm/software updates that can make things worse ( think of a bad Windows update BSOD ). There are so many reasons i could say as to why not to buy them. But people are starting to catching on.
That’s one of the main reasons I won’t ever buy any modern car. Not specifically regarding privacy reasons but there’s literally no end of shitfuckery that they can implement with over the air updates (and they will).

Just have a look at the BMW subscription heated seats for an initial example. Or Apple getting caught out reducing the battery capacity on their iPhones with the software to “encourage” customers to spend more money.

I’m 110% sure that car makers will spend most of their time creating planned obsolescence and price gouging shitfuckery using their over the air updates in the future.

The rot has already started and the only thing that will stop them is the EU, being the only jurisdiction in the world that has the guts to stand up to corporate power. I won’t be betting on it though!

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Tesla is the same, been stories in the news about what they record and who has access to it.
And when you buy a Tesla in AU or NZ it’s made in China, not America! The CCP just has to ask Electric Jesus for the key to the back door and he must comply, unless he wants to lose his shiny EV factories in China!