Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EV’s “Zero emissions” ?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Fun fact: currently, there is no true “zero emission” vehicle as they have brake pads which emit pollutants.
Was watching a Joe Rogan podcast and heard this.
I don’t think Joe Rogan can be counted as a good factual reference though.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
When you exhale it's a emission, when you fart it's a emission.

but yes, brake dust, or rather particulate matter isn't good for you. Never blow of brake dust with your mouth when doing a brake job, hose it off or use a can of Brake-cleen. Just be thankful that these days brake pads don't contain asbestos any more.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I’m surprised that the ACCC is actually saying something about the greenwashing. Don’t they normally just hibernate 365 days a year?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I’m surprised that the ACCC is actually saying something about the greenwashing. Don’t they normally just hibernate 365 days a year?
they prob have a slice in it in some way to just ignore as long as possible, if no one is smart enough to catch on and so they dont complain it just goes unreported until enough people cause a ruckus about it

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Heck, as soon as I am off my p plates and/or recieve a decent salary, I will be driving an abnoxious, lumpy cammed v8 that is bloody thirsty for dinosaur juice
Good onya !

The greenest car you can drive is an old one.
All 'new' cars are not 'green' as they have been dug up, used energy to supply materials to make them, used energy to manufacture them, used energy to transport them over the ocean to the customer ............. 'green' ? .............. my ****.
Old cars just burn old fossil fuel.
Now all the EV supporters can tell me about how much energy is used/wasted to produce the old fossil fuel which pollutes the world.

Easy fix ............. ban future manufacture of all personal transport vehicles.
New cars are fugly anyway. Did someone say Tesla Cybertruck ?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Good onya !

The greenest car you can drive is an old one.
All 'new' cars are not 'green' as they have been dug up, used energy to supply materials to make them, used energy to manufacture them, used energy to transport them over the ocean to the customer ............. 'green' ? .............. my ****.
Old cars just burn old fossil fuel.
Now all the EV supporters can tell me about how much energy is used/wasted to produce the old fossil fuel which pollutes the world.

Easy fix ............. ban future manufacture of all personal transport vehicles.
New cars are fugly anyway. Did someone say Tesla Cybertruck ?
Until the world wants to get serious about easy repairability and longevity of consumer goods (cars, phones, white goods, etc) it’s all just greenwashing.

You can’t consume your way to greentopia, but all the EV evangelists and governments that have been sucked in by corporate brainwashing seem to believe that you can!

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV XU8, FORD TERRORIST
When you drive an EV you have absolutely zero privacy too! And no it's not a conspiracy theory. I deal with EV's everyday(I won't say which manufacturer yet). They are connected to the network via their own sim card and record audio AND video and upload every drive back to your Chinese Overlords.
Constant firm/software updates that can make things worse ( think of a bad Windows update BSOD ). There are so many reasons i could say as to why not to buy them. But people are starting to catching on.