Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Evoke SSV in the US? Why yes!

Christiancoach

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Commodore SSV
That is excellent! And great choice in wheels! Suit her perfectly! Very keen to see how she behaves on the street.

Loving that monaro also - Looks right at home over there!

The best part about the Monaro is going to car shows and listening to people try and figure out what it is. Actually that is pretty fun in my car as well!!
The Monaro owner also have a Ford Falcon Cobra, and a Falcon XB GT as well. The XB GT is a race prepped car, amazing in Outback Copper.

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
Nice. Do you have any videos of your car? Id love to hear how it sounds.

Christiancoach

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Commodore SSV
Nice. Do you have any videos of your car? Id love to hear how it sounds.

Nope. It will be 2 weeks before the motor is installed, the rest of my appearance mods take place, and the re-stance and alignment get completed. Vector has some video of it on the engine dyno, but they said the file size was huge, so you have to wait! I cannot wait to hear this thing!!!

Christiancoach

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Commodore SSV
Awesome ride mate, well done!

Might be a silly question but is your bonnet (hood) open in some of those pics?

Yes, it is open. The motor/tranny/exhaust are out of the car. I think the heater hoses were zip tied up to the side so they would leak antifreeze, and wouldn't allow for the hood to shut.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
What sort of reaction do you get from guys who recognise your car as "sort of a G8 but different"? Do they know that it's the original and the G8 is the offspring? Do they recognise the Holden badging?

Christiancoach

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Commodore SSV
What sort of reaction do you get from guys who recognise your car as "sort of a G8 but different"? Do they know that it's the original and the G8 is the offspring? Do they recognise the Holden badging?

Most people don't recognize the badging. Most people realize right off that it is not the real deal, because of the left hand drive. I am honest with people and tell them it is a replica/clone. The most complete replica in North America, BTW.
It is a lot of fun. One of the most common comments asked is why GM doesn't sell it here!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
It would be great to see holdens sold as holdens in the US but I can see why GM doesn't do that - it's financially ridiculous to introduce an imported car from 'backwater' Australia - there would be car enthusiasts who would be wrapped with the idea - but the larger market wouldn't have a clue about it, and understandably so! Same reason they're sold as Vauxhalls in the UK. They have to make the product as recognisable to the general public as possible.

But it is awesome to see a few of these cars being recognised for what they are - and congratulations on a great conversion - really looks fantastic - and I hope the motor build works out how you want it.